Skip to content

Nick Freeman signs new deal

2»

Comments

• @glasshalffull said:
    I have just read that Wycombe legend Len Worley was in tears when Gareth Ainsworth took time to call him after his recent heart attack. Yet more evidence of how fortunate we are to have someone who is not just a very good football manager but also a very good person.

As you well know from the ex players dinners Gareth has an absolute grasp on the history of the club and the debt owed to all that have been before to get us to where we are. I would be more surprised if he hadn’t rung Len.
    It’s up to all of us to ensure this culture remains and that some of the creeping sh1tty stuff in society keeps well away.
    Today is a good day

• Well done to all involved

• Puts grumbling about the new catering/prices in it's place. Pure class and makes one proud to be a supporter of this amazing club.

• First of all, great news for Nick. Secondly, great for the club - he’s a fine player. Thirdly, great for publicising the club - as others have said, players will look at things like this and be tempted to come. L1 (and mine

• How satisfying it must be for GA to be in a position to be able to offer Nick Freeman a deal like this.

It’s what, 31/2 years or so ago he was having to say to players he wanted to keep at the club that sorry, but he couldn’t afford to offer them a contract.

I still remember that interview he gave round that time and how hurt he sounded. It must seem a different world now.

• Yes, I recall that too. You could see and feel the pain.

• Thanks to Rob and Pete for making this happen.

• Good stuff. I remember Lawrie Sanchez giving Andy Baird a new contract when he was injured, too.

Aaaah ... Andy Baird.

• @our_frank said:
    Good stuff. I remember Lawrie Sanchez giving Andy Baird a new contract when he was injured, too.

Aaaah ... Andy Baird.

Test Crash Dummy wasn’t it ? Or something very similar. He battered his way through defenders in the box, much like Gareth used to do as he powered his way down the right flank!

• Gareth was always very good at getting an early cross in. Beat the left back, win a yard of space, get the cross in…Vokes would love that service on both flanks.

• Imagine Vokes with Guppy and Carroll on the wings

• @eric_plant said:
    Imagine Vokes with Guppy and Carroll on the wings

With either Tyson (1st time) or Garner or Devine up top with him!

• @username123 said:

@eric_plant said:
    Imagine Vokes with Guppy and Carroll on the wings

With either Tyson (1st time) or Garner or Devine up top with him!

I imagined and basically came up with Keith Scott. We were very lucky in those days.

• Imagine Mooney, Vokes and Akinfenwa in a front 3!

• @YorkshireBlue said:
    Imagine Mooney, Vokes and Akinfenwa in a front 3!

Brings back memories of Sanchez trying to shoehorn Rammell Devine and the Falcon in.