Skip to content

Man of the Match - Gillingham

2»

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@bookertease said:
    Any thoughts as to whether the potential signing of Hanlan was linked to us releasing Kashket?

I was originally puzzled as I thought Scotty offered something we didn’t have - pace. I’ve not seen enough of Hanlan yet (wasn’t there yesterday) but does he bring that?

Yes

And a lot more! He has the end product that sadly Horgan doesn't have.

• @mooneyman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@bookertease said:
    Any thoughts as to whether the potential signing of Hanlan was linked to us releasing Kashket?

I was originally puzzled as I thought Scotty offered something we didn’t have - pace. I’ve not seen enough of Hanlan yet (wasn’t there yesterday) but does he bring that?

Yes

Completely different player to Horgan, who will still play his fair share of minutes this season.

• Besides, Horgan does have end product...

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@mooneyman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@bookertease said:

Yes

Completely different player to Horgan, who will still play his fair share of minutes this season.

Agreed, however if Horgan is selected to start the next game, who drops out?

• edited October 2021

@mooneyman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@mooneyman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@bookertease said:

Yes

Agreed, however if Horgan is selected to start the next game, who drops out?

Depends how Ainsworth wants to set up, but I sense he'll go with Hanlan over Horgan against sides he thinks are more vulnerable and we can get away with playing a really high line against - which Doncaster could well be.

• @oxfordshirechairboy said:

@bookertease said:

Hanlan offers far more than Scott on what we’ve seen so far. He’s very quick, but he’s also strong, skilful and intelligent. His pressing yesterday was excellent, a good finish for his goal (albeit one you’d hope he scores everytime) but I was most impressed with his hold up play. His body position and technique reminded me a little of Samuel in the way he held it up, but with pace and power and skill to dribble away from defenders afterwards. Looks like a top signing - as usual, GA and RD get it right again.

Who was that poster on here who only ever popped up to say 'does Ainsworth just guess when he signs these players?' Possibly a rival fan windup but would be fun to hear from him/her

• @bookertease said:

Hanlan, although early days, looks to be a magnificent mixture of Fred, Uche and Kashket.
    Strong, tall, powerful, pacy, can run with it and can get after it. Exciting option.

• And he's only 24. I think he could be huge for us in the Championship, let alone League One.

• @Malone said:

@bookertease said:

Hanlan, although early days, looks to be a magnificent mixture of Fred, Uche and Kashket.
    Strong, tall, powerful, pacy, can run with it and can get after it. Exciting option.

Weirdly, that is my bio on tinder

• @LX1 said:

@Malone said:

@bookertease said:

'A magnificent mixture of Fred, Uche and Kashket' or 'Exciting option'?

• Everything from 'although' to 'option'

Think it needs workshopping?

• @LX1 said:
    Everything from 'although' to 'option'

Think it needs workshopping?

If that isn't enough to make them come rushing, there's no hope.

• @LX1 said:

@Malone said:

@bookertease said:

And there’s mine

• 'Cautious so far this season, but now the shackles are off'

• @LX1 said:

@Malone said:

@bookertease said:

I grant you a MAXIMUM LOL for that.

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@LX1 said:

@Malone said:

@bookertease said:

And there’s mine

I love the idea of trying to impress some random woman with "I have more end product than Horgan".
    Magnificent.