Skip to content

Inspiring

We need Gareth to be more like this. I can only imagine how much better the team would be if our manager spoke thus:

"Another disappointing away defeat, another very similar away defeat. We conceded [then] we collapsed.

"It's something that has to change dramatically because this has happened four times now.

"It's as clear as day the problem. We've conceded three goals in seven minutes. In seven minutes the game's over, you're actually worried there could be a pasting.

"I've said to the players some of them need to start proving me wrong because I can't stand watching that again."

Comments

• I genuinely struggle to watch his interviews. Imagine playing for him. I noticed that things don’t seem to be working out for Josh in his latest spell at the club. I hope he doesn’t come to regret resigning for them as I’m sure he would have had other offers on the table.

• Clever. Had me fooled for a minute. Especially the reference to Josh!

• When you get a few battering you probably need to change tact with your comments though.

We managed to avoid many battering in the championship. Possibly only Blackburn and Brentford? And they were well spaced out.

Add in we were massive underdogs in our first go up there, and it was very different to Peterborough, who have had a few cracks now.

• Trouble was, @Malone, the team were badly spaced out on both those occasions, especially after that absurd penalty at Brentford, when Fred was fouled from behind as he worked his way out of the penalty area. Wonder what happened to Fred.

• Looks like the Pyms is on ice for the borough!

• @micra said:
    Trouble was, @Malone, the team were badly spaced out on both those occasions, especially after that absurd penalty at Brentford, when Fred was fouled from behind as he worked his way out of the penalty area. Wonder what happened to Fred.

Signed for Wycombe on 20th July 2022.

• @micra said:
    Trouble was, @Malone, the team were badly spaced out on both those occasions….

Well that explains the heavy defeats. Must admit I’m surprised that GA would let them take drugs before a game

• Better enter a disclaimer at this point in case any humourless legal eagles are hovering! I was of course referring to positional spacing within the developing 3-4-2-1 formation.