Skip to content

Home Attendances

2»

Comments

• @Malone said:

@bookertease said:
    I would imagine that the ecological impact of a plastic card that may only need replacing every 5 years or so has already trumped the ecological impact of endlessly checking to see whether the online version works on a phone

Probably ruined alone by @EwanHoosaami constantly driving down to the club to sort it out :D

Absolutely. I must have driven down specifically at least 4 times and been in the ticket office each of all home games. So you would be correct in your summation @Malone

• @Malone said:
    What happens with the clectronic season ticket?

Do you not just download a "pass wallet" or something, and have it handy in there every game?

Amazingly, no. That is of course what pretty much every other e-ticketing system on the planet does, but this one doesn't. I had to use an app that lets you create your own Apple Wallet tickets to get mine on there. It does work every time now that I have though.

• @drcongo said:

@Malone said:

Do you not just download a "pass wallet" or something, and have it handy in there every game?

Amazingly, no. That is of course what pretty much every other e-ticketing system on the planet does, but this one doesn't. I had to use an app that lets you create your own Apple Wallet tickets to get mine on there. It does work every time now that I have though.

Just noticed this morning that you can now get your season ticket into your iOS Apple Wallet. The ‘send virtual card’ option now lets you choose Apple Wallet as well as SMS.

• @arnos_grove said:

@drcongo said:

@Malone said:

Just noticed this morning that you can now get your season ticket into your iOS Apple Wallet. The ‘send virtual card’ option now lets you choose Apple Wallet as well as SMS.

I took the old school plastic ticket, but was just starting to look at how you actually go about buying a ticket for a cup game.

I'm assuming it'll be as easy as going into my account and it sends me an email that has a code on!

• Ticket bought, easy option to either send as a text or as a link to then download it to a ticket wallet - all seamless.

Maybe the bits people were struggling with previously were due to different phones/wallets etc, but it worked easily there.

• It's not perfect (the ticketing website is terrible), but our system on the whole is a damn sight better than Watford's - was there the other week and let's just say they won't be scoring very highly for 'matchday experience'.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    It's not perfect (the ticketing website is terrible), but our system on the whole is a damn sight better than Watford's - was there the other week and let's just say they won't be scoring very highly for 'matchday experience'.

Went there in preseason as it's very local, very tricky getting the three websites and apps you need to get the ticket bought and on your phone and odd shortage of food unless you wanted a full pizza or a long walk. Game also as dull as it gets.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    It's not perfect (the ticketing website is terrible), but our system on the whole is a damn sight better than Watford's - was there the other week and let's just say they won't be scoring very highly for 'matchday experience'.

Went there in preseason as it's very local, very tricky getting the three websites and apps you need to get the ticket bought and on your phone and odd shortage of food unless you wanted a full pizza or a long walk. Game also as dull as it gets.

Yeah, they were abject against Southampton

• Just over 5000 home fans in for the last two home games and our average total attendance up to 5349 over our 8 games.

We averaged 5339 up until the season was finished in 2019/20.

Hopefully we can maintain the numbers and push towards 5500-5600.

• It is great we are pushing for higher numbers of home fans at games but the atmosphere feels like it’s the worst it’s been for years. There’s a couple of threads on twitter about this issue but not sure what the answer is. I always thought a singing section in the Frank Adams stand might help as acoustics much better up there. Lincoln did something similar a few years back I believe and it made a huge difference.

• I'm a bit surprised people are complaining about the atmosphere. I think it's been pretty good this season. Any large away following is always going to be noisy, same with us when we travel in large numbers. That's just the nature of away support.

I was sat in the family stand yesterday and could hear plenty of noise and chanting from the Valley end, some if which reached around to where I was sat and upstairs in the upper tier. Towards the end of the game it was noisy from all parts of the stadium. The Wycombe fans were every bit as loud as the Pompey lot. 1st half was quiet, but that's always the way when we're kicking towards the away end.

• I thought the atmosphere was pretty good yesterday, I think that's the busiest the terrace has been this season

• Terrace was definitely the busiest it’s been for a while which is good but from where we sit in the Frank Adams upper can barely hear the terrace and it’s been like that for a while.

• @fromtheside said:
    Terrace was definitely the busiest it’s been for a while which is good but from where we sit in the Frank Adams upper can barely hear the terrace and it’s been like that for a while.

Exactly.
    I'm always bemused at all this "great atmosphere", "poor atmosphere" talk seemingly every week, as it sounds the same most games.

• edited November 2021

@Malone said:

@fromtheside said:
    Terrace was definitely the busiest it’s been for a while which is good but from where we sit in the Frank Adams upper can barely hear the terrace and it’s been like that for a while.

I agree, it seemed much better without the incessant mindless drumming of the early season.

• @fromtheside said:

Agree with that, the terrace was pretty much inaudible yesterday apart from a few chants early on, then it woke up again for the last 10-15 minutes.

Sort of echoed the way the game went really.

• We really do seem to struggle when we play at home to teams with a large away following.

The noise that’s generated from the away end makes us almost seem like the away team sometimes.

It’s almost as good as a goal head start to the away sides visiting AP.

• If I were in charge, one of the first things I’d do is to take the roof off the terrace and add a more acoustically enhancing roof as noise just doesn’t travel from the terrace well at all. May as well do the ground work on the terrace to one day make it seated should be ever be compelled to do that. Of course that would be a significant outlay but it would make the home atmosphere much better for that enhanced match day experience.

• There may be an electronic acoustic solution to this at far less cost and effective within weeks.

• Please no one start playing music over the tannoy for corners again!

• No, I meant rebroadcasting the Terrace sound to 'pump it up' a bit. Mind you we could do the Air Raid Siren thing........????

• No idea how that would be done @ValleyWanderer but if it is feasible and wouldn’t sound ridiculous it might be worth highlighting to the club...