Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford

Comments

• Must be the only ground in the country designed so you can watch the game from the traffic jam outside.

• We're in the red and white quarters

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    We're in the red and white quarters

Thank goodness for that. I couldn’t tell one team from another at Wembley.

• @floyd said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

In fairness, Oxford played in white at Wembley ?

Shorts clash today

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@floyd said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Shorts clash today

Did they? Well then fair enough. I don’t understand why light blue shorts are beyond O’Neils.

• @floyd said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@floyd said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Shorts clash today

Did they? Well then fair enough. I don’t understand why light blue shorts are beyond O’Neils.

They made them for the previous home kit, but I guess we took the decision to go without for the current one. The red and white is iconic anyway!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@JohnBoy said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    I'm liking the return to two up front - but we're slightly screwed if we lose a CB.

Surely bring JMac on and move Grimmer inside?

?‍♂️

What am I missing?

• A larger screen?

• edited September 2021

Anyone else's stream horrifically pixelated?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

They made them for the previous home kit, but I guess we took the decision to go without for the current one. The red and white is iconic anyway!

A club can register 3 kits for the season with the league. Only if none of the registered kits provide suitable differentiation can a club mix shirts and shorts from their registered kits. O’Neills making light shorts available is not an option if sticking to the league rules.

• edited September 2021

@JohnBoy said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@JohnBoy said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    I'm liking the return to two up front - but we're slightly screwed if we lose a CB.

Surely bring JMac on and move Grimmer inside?

?‍♂️

What am I missing?

That was for myself haha

• Out to the car now. 98FM

• Got away with one there!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

All good here, but stuck with Oxford commentary, even though I’ve selected Away ?

• No ball boys, classic Oxford tactics.

• @JohnBoy said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

All good here, but stuck with Oxford commentary, even though I’ve selected Away ?

Fixed now - and I've got Phil and Alicia

• Not on iFollow in UK is it?

• @micra said:
    Not on iFollow in UK is it?

It is and it isn't...

• Many thanks ?

• edited September 2021

@micra said:
    Many thanks ?

VPN! The simple bit of tech which rather makes a mockery of the 3pm blackout.

• Are Oxford fans singing ‘how was the Championship?’ It was great.

• How does that simple bit of tech work in the hands of a simple subscriber?

• Thought that was pretty good tbh. Could have had one or two. Bit of switching positions, bit of decent play. Noise in the away end. Not bad.

• Decent first half once we settled down. Hamlin had some very nice touches. Amazing clearing header by their defender to stop one certain goal and so nearly another JJ special - can’t believe no-one touched it in.

Oxford not without threat but we’ve dealt with them well in the last half hour. Referee has allowed tensions to rise. Not sure what the apparently indignant Oxford players had to be so angry about at half time unless they want the right to stab our players as well as jumping into them at every header.

• Robinson has got them far too fired up and we've exploited that. Scowen doing what he does best and they're not too keen on it...

• Hanlon not Hamlin.

• Very impressed with Hanlan too - initial impressions are that he'll make for a natural Muskwe successor.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Very impressed with Hanlan too - initial impressions are that he'll make for a natural Muskwe successor.

That’s a good comparison. Hasn’t got the same pace but touch has been really nice.

• Another aye from me on Hanlan. Another good buy!