Skip to content

Oxford Forum looking forward to Saturday!

Comments

• "As a club and entity I quite like Wycombe, small local club doing well etc, but I hate the current team and setup because they basically cheat - sneaky fouls, time wasting, etc - rather than attempting to play football. Referees need to be stronger with this sort of team."

Lol

• In fairness, that thread is the most complimentary I've ever seen Oxford fans about us.

• Brainlessly morelike.

• I think they forget they had a long spell in non league much more recently than us. That we've been in tier 2 a lot more recently and that they are a 3 stand tin pot outfit.

• It’s quite sad for them in a way. I guess their natural rivalries with Reading and Swindon are cooling off, and their own team is so mediocre they need to talk about ours.

• What is Rob paying every single referee, lino and fourth official to ensure we 'get everything' and everyone else 'gets nothing' over a season?

• @Wendoverman said:
    What is Rob paying every single referee, lino and fourth official to ensure we 'get everything' and everyone else 'gets nothing' over a season?

That money from when he didn't open his chequebook to sign the player who would have kept us up last season, obviously.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:
    What is Rob paying every single referee, lino and fourth official to ensure we 'get everything' and everyone else 'gets nothing' over a season?

That money from when he didn't open his chequebook to sign the player who would have kept us up last season, obviously.

Looks like he made the right call! :smile:

• Looks like they are only children on their site. Best just ignore them.

• @Wendoverman said:

Maybe he's using my season ticket donation from last season and counting it as the promised thank you?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Wendoverman said:

Maybe he's using my season ticket donation from last season and counting it as the promised thank you?

Wasn't that free tickets to the Leicester friendly?

• And some fireworks.

• @JohnBoy said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Wendoverman said:

Wasn't that free tickets to the Leicester friendly?

No big deal as my comment above was a joke but weren't those Leicester tickets free to season ticket holders regardless of whether they did or didn't ask for a refund?

• @Right_in_the_Middle yes indeed, free if you'd purchased for this season....

• edited October 2021

So (joking above, or not) is the promised "reward" for waiving last year's season ticket refund still yet to be revealed...?

• @LeedsBlue said:
    So (joking above, or not) is the promised "reward" for waiving last year's season ticket refund still yet to be revealed...?

I’ve been wondering this as well - it doesn’t really matter but it’s not the beeest look for the club to essentially lie to some of its most loyal supporters

• Fairly sure there was supposed to be some kind of party?

• Don't think we can have the party until EFL C19 restrictions are eased.

• I don't personally care about my waived season ticket money from last year - I can clearly see the investment in the squad and feel certain that the money has been put to good use. But, I'm sure those waiving refunds were promised the highest priority status ever received by season ticket holders, or something like that, which clearly hasn't materialised. (The club probably missed an opportunity to do this for the Oxford and Man City games if they'd wanted to.)

This would be my one criticism of the current ownership, within an ocean of positivity. But don't make promises that you can't or won't keep - eventually it will erode trust with fans. And they really don't need to placate us with empty promises when they're doing so much brilliant work on the pitch.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Fairly sure there was supposed to be some kind of party?

Missy was asked about this at the Accrington game by a fellow drinker. No definitive answer given

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Fairly sure there was supposed to be some kind of party?

Also the last message I received from my last tinder date

• In fairness, the "party" wasn't promised to lure anyone into waiving money. No-one has been hood winked or anything.

It was casually mentioned after, with no date mentioned, so hasn't thus not been fulfilled yet.

• @Malone said:
    In fairness, the "party" wasn't promised to lure anyone into waiving money. No-one has been hood winked or anything.

It was casually mentioned after, with no date mentioned, so hasn't thus not been fulfilled yet.

Totally agree on the first point! But on your second, Rob explicitly said “ receive invitations to join Missy, Pete, and me at an exclusive party and pre-season activities at Adams Park.”. Like I said, it’s not a huge deal and I am enjoying believing that my refund allowed us to sign Vokes, but it’s still something I hope they haven’t forgotten about.

• Still doesn't say pre which season.

• @drcongo said:
    Still doesn't say pre which season.

Touché

• I can live without the party in return for my donation. But it's disappointing that having a clean patch of concrete to stand on to watch the game is apparently too much to ask.

• I would rather resources were used to get a pre season tour of Louisiana, which sounds in the pipeline

• @our_frank said:
    I can live without the party in return for my donation. But it's disappointing that having a clean patch of concrete to stand on to watch the game is apparently too much to ask.

Was it not cleaned up on Saturday before the Gills game?

• That's shit.