Skip to content

Alternative sport on Sep 4th

With the WW v Ipswich game now postponed, it’s a chance to watch some FA Cup football but most local sides are away. Aylesbury United take on Devon side Willand Rovers at Chesham United, while Chesham make the short trip to Uxbridge. Flackwell Heath have a day at the seaside at Weston-super-Mare (be nice to get a replay). Thame United travel to Margate & Berkhamsted to Walthamstow. Beaconsfield Town take on Walton & Hersham but the date & venue will be decided shortly.

Alternatively, there looks to be a good game in prospect in the National League as Maidenhead United entertain Torquay United at York Road.

Also, if you are a cricket fan it’s the climax of the season in the Home Counties Premier League. High Wycombe & Henley are battling for the title and this is the last round of matches. If High Wycombe win at Thame they will win the league. If High Wycombe lose & Henley win, then Henley win the league. If both lose, High Wycombe win the league. High Wycombe travel to the delightful ground at Thame while Henley entertain Finchampstead. It’s a 50 over per side game, starting at 11am. To add a bit of spice, if Thame lose & Finchampstead win then Thame are relegated. I wonder if Gareth Ainsworth will be following Finchampstead’s progress on Saturday?

Comments

• Could watch the players who are on international duty instead? Tjay will be starting up front for Gibraltar vs Latvia.

• @inflikted said:
    Could watch the players who are on international duty instead? Tjay will be starting up front for Gibraltar vs Latvia.

That's on Wednesday

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@inflikted said:
    Could watch the players who are on international duty instead? Tjay will be starting up front for Gibraltar vs Latvia.

That's on Wednesday

Oh right yeah it's Turkey they play on Saturday. Point still stands.

• @inflikted said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@inflikted said:

That's on Wednesday

Oh right yeah it's Turkey they play on Saturday. Point still stands.

Yeah, I might watch if I can find it!

Ireland v Azerbaijan at 5
    Gibraltar v Turkey at 7:45