Skip to content

Sunderland Travel

Anybody who has previously driven to Sunderland, do you have any tips on places to park within a 30min walk from the north / north-east of the ground?

Comments

• @username123 Stadium of Light Metro station, only about five minutes from the ground. Quite cheap from what I can remember.

• @username123 we used the St Mary's Car Park just over the A1018 bridge and a pint in The Colliery Tavern before the match.

• You can book a space at the nearby Tesco extra using the my parking space app / website for £1.50.

• It all depends on what you want to do.

Straight in and out then the park and ride is a good bet. Come off the A19 and follow the signs for the park and ride. Gets you to the ground in good time, but can take a while waiting for a bus to get back to the car.

Close to the ground you have the two mentioned above.

If you want to have a drink in town before or after the game there is parking at the University, which makes a collection for charity as well as a number of town centre car parks.

There are no home only fans pubs anywhere in the town. If you want good craft ales then the Ship Isis is the best bet, close to the university car park, otherwise there are plenty of pubs where you will be welcome and home fans will be happy to have a chat.

Hope hat helps.

• Nice one, thanks.

That's certainly always been my experience of Sunderland fans. Really nice, friendly folk.

Unfortunately some have based their opinions on a few cranks online.

• If any opposition fans visited the Wycombe Facebook group they’d think all we do is talk about drumming.

• I've only just noticed, so forgive me if it's already posted/common knowledge, but tickets for the game have to be pre-book none available on the day.

• @username123 said:
    Anybody who has previously driven to Sunderland, do you have any tips on places to park within a 30min walk from the north/north-east of the ground?

The Grange pub is about 15 minute walk north of the ground (straight up Newcastle Road) but the car park might be full if you get there too late. Miller & Carter steakhouse is about 5 minutes further north than the Grange on the same road, but not likely to have a full car park. Lots of restricted parking in the residential streets north of the ground though.