Skip to content

pre train pubs? where are you starting?

Pubs of wycombe sure to be brimming, falcon is the main wycombe pre matcher but bootleggeris well placed,

Where are you heading?

Comments

• The Happy Wanderer on Arnison Avenue, followed by the Morning Star and then a half of mild at the Labour Club (Townfield House). About 100 of us are doing it - will be ace.

• What year are you living in?

• I moved up north about 13 years ago? Have I been misinformed?

• no doubt you'll have a swift one in the Irish Club as well.

We're meeting in the Belle Vue for the beer and landlords impressive eyebrows

• Bootleggers will not serve anyone wearing any football colours or even so much as a jacket with wwfc logo. They deserve to be boycotted and are an utter disgrace to the town of high wycombe.

• see you all in the BV then as shirts welcome

• Red Cross Knight

• I think football fans are now allowed in the Bootlegger aren't they?

They'll be turning away an awful lot of business on saturday if they don't let Wycombe fans in

• I know that used to be true but I don't think it is now. They even show footie on their tellies now!

• Re - Bootlegger , the policy is changed in respect of football but unchanged in respect of colours. Leaving aside the antipathy towards football when it was a rugby pub, there are plenty of pubs that would do the same given the proximity to the station and the tendency for Wycombe to be used as a drop off point for coaches going to Wembley. In this case the restrictions are a bit daft because of the home town club being involved at Wembley and the minimal likelihood of trouble being caused by the away fans who have no reason to travel through Wycombe.

• @Baldric well, whatever the reason they'll be doing themselves out of a lot of money if they don't let fans drink there on saturday

the football colours thing is a bit odd anyway. People who wear replica kits to games tend not to be hooligans.

• @eric_plant : I wouldn't disagree with any of that, but there have been problems in the past and that has rather governed the views of the management.

• What about problems of only having one person behind the bar on a Saturday lunchtime?

• and being 5th in line, behind 4 different customers who want 4 different fruit beers from all corners of the world which are stored in locked fridges at the opposite end of the pub?

They should grasp this opportunity to reset their relationship with Wycombe Wanderers football club and its supporters

• Bootlegegrs was full of Plymouth wearing colours last Thursday. One man on the bar.

• I think it's only Wycombe that they don't like.

• http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/article/recommended-pubs-for-blues-fans-at-wembley-2461993.aspx

Metropolitan Police have recommended the following pubs,
    They are situated on the east side of the stadium near Wembley Park tube station:

The Torch
    1 - 5 Bridge Road, Wembley, HA9 9AB

Crock of Gold
    23 Bridge Road, Wembley, HA9 9AB

Moore Spice
    Wembley Retail Park, Unit 2, Engineers Way, HA9 0EH

Watkins Folly
    1 Empire Way, Wembley, HA9 0EW

Blue Check Café
    12 - 13 Empire Way, Wembley, HA9 0RQ

Crystal Club (Silverspoon)
    South Way, Wembley, HA9 9HF

The Parish
    120 Wembley Park Drive, Wembley, HA9 8HP

First Class Sports Bar
    125 Wembley Park Drive, HA9 8HG

The Wembley Tavern
    121 Wembley Park Drive, HA9 8HG

Flyers Last Stand (Cheers Bar)
    45 Blackbird Hill, NW9 8RS

• Possible I'm mistaken in the light of the comments re Plymouth, or that the policy is discretionary and therefore down to individual staff on the day.