Skip to content

Bus from station to Adams Park

Comments

• Great news

• See also the Fan Feedback thread. I’ve left my gratitude there.

• Hallelujah!

• Great win, that one.
    Critical to have that central option direct. So well done to all involved.

• Having once worked on a project that involved talking to bus companies, I doff my cap to everyone involved here.

• Great move this on a Number of fronts.

• From that photo, it looks like Benjamin Disraeli might have been involved in negotiations.

• Excellent news for both distant Wycombe supporters and away supporters using public transport.

Does anyone know for sure if there is a bus that runs from the bus station to the ground?

As I have said elsewhere, tapping into and encouraging local supporters to get to the game via existing public transportation could also be a winner.

• @TheDancingYak From the club website: "By bus: You can travel to the game by bus via the number 32 bus which connects High Wycombe bus station to the Hourglass pub, and walk the rest."

• Interested what happens if say 50-60 get on each of the 3 busses, then find only 1 bus with max room for 70 leaves at 5.15, meaning they're stuck at the ground until 6...but we'll worry about that when and if it happens!

• Great news> @Malone said:

Interested what happens if say 50-60 get on each of the 3 busses, then find only 1 bus with max room for 70 leaves at 5.15, meaning they're stuck at the ground until 6...but we'll worry about that when and if it happens!

I expect that’s when they will bring in a single or return charge for it tbf

• @username123 said:
    Great news> @Malone said:

Interested what happens if say 50-60 get on each of the 3 busses, then find only 1 bus with max room for 70 leaves at 5.15, meaning they're stuck at the ground until 6...but we'll worry about that when and if it happens!

I expect that’s when they will bring in a single or return charge for it tbf

I only ask, as I remember when the old regime got it massively wrong in a game v Portsmouth, having totally underestimated the demand from away fans.

They ended up cutting out the park n ride, top of Marlow hill stop on the first bus, and thus gave the option of, get on bus 1, and walk from bus/train station to the park n ride, or 2 - wait 50-60mins for the second bus!

(Or option 3 of course, walk the 3miles or so to the park n ride)

All in the rain, I remember it well :)

• Really pleased with this. Good work from everyone involved

• I've still not decided on my mode of transport for tomorrow yet. Anyone who parked at the Sands industrial estate has the price gone up?

• I saw a £10 sign yesterday.

• @woodlands said:
    I saw a £10 sign yesterday.

Twas a fiver

• Roofline was £10.

• @micra said:
    Roofline was £10.

He only charged me a fiver as he said I always park there but I think going forward I will park away from the ground and walk.

• edited August 2021

£10 somewhere down the road/outside the ground is a bit of a disgrace really.

*Assuming it's not some just for charity sort of set-up.

• I was never able to pin them down to who the beneficiaries were!

• @micra for confirming what I saw.

• @micra thought I had typed Thanks at beginning of my post

• I guessed that was the case @woodlands.

• @micra said:
    I was never able to pin them down to who the beneficiaries were!

As long as it's not the big prem ground scam of showing up in hi-vis, waving people in, pocketing the money then disappearing.

• I see the club have slipped out the news today that the bus service from the station will now cost £3. Meaning the "initial free period" that they trumpeted before Lincoln lasted one match.

I've no problem with them charging for the service and £3 is reasonable. But if they're going to go big on Adams Park being cashless it would be better if they could actively point out to fans that they will have to bring some cash with them for the bus, rather than just deleting the original article posted mid Aug and republishing it today with a new line about it costing £3.

• I was planning on using the bus service for the Lincoln game, however the 2:15 bus left seconds before the train from London arrived into Wycombe and everyone missed it.

Would have thought it would make sense to line the departure times up with the incoming trains

• You don't need cash to use the bus...

• Is £3 that reasonable? If there’s more than two of you a taxi to the ground is cheaper isn’t it?

• edited September 2021

Was about £7 last time I Ubered it from the town centre to the ground

• edited September 2021

@OxfordBlue said:
    Is £3 that reasonable? If there’s more than two of you a taxi to the ground is cheaper isn’t it?

You need a return too.