Skip to content

Looking Forward

edited August 2021 in Football

If you were the God of Football and fascinated with the Championship, who would you bless with promotion and curse with relegation this fine season?

For me it is easy:

Down
Peterborough
Luton
Derby

Up
Blackburn (so we don't play them)
Coventry (As Champions)
Blackpool

Also I would make Championship Champions be the English Qualifier for the UEFA Europa Conference League [the checkatrade european thing Spurs are in].

Comments

• Down

Peterborough, Luton and Derby

Up

Fulham, Notts Forest and Middlesbrough

• @mooneyman said:
    Down

Peterborough, Luton and Derby

Up

Fulham, Notts Forest and Middlesbrough

Can't argue with any of those.

• Fully agree with @MindlessDrugHoover though I would of course insert Nottingham in there...but I suspect he knew that! :smiley:

• @railwaysteve said:
    If you were the God of Football and fascinated with the Championship, who would you bless with promotion and curse with relegation this fine season?

For me it is easy:

Down
    Peterborough
    Luton
    Derby

Up
    Blackburn (so we don't play them)
    Coventry (As Champions)
    Blackpool

Also I would make Championship Champions be the English Qualifier for the UEFA Europa Conference League [the checkatrade european thing Spurs are in].

Think you could be guaranteeing relegation with that last rule!

I reckon it would be great for the winners of the JPT Pizza Cup to get into the Europa conference, the lower league fans would love it (once travel is allowed).

Down: Derby
    Posh
    Millwall

Up: Coventry
    Hull
    Sheffield United

• @Wendoverman said:
    Fully agree with @MindlessDrugHoover though I would of course insert Nottingham in there...but I suspect he knew that! :smiley:

Blame Mooneyman. Yes, blame him. (I was born in Nottingham General, so would never make such a heinous error).

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Fully agree with @MindlessDrugHoover though I would of course insert Nottingham in there...but I suspect he knew that! :smiley:

Blame Mooneyman. Yes, blame him. (I was born in Nottingham General, so would never make such a heinous error).

Yup sorry...I think @mooneyman has form in this area... :smile:

• Nottingham not Notts. Heinous indeed.
    But I thought you were a proud Scot @MindlessDrugHoover.

• Up....
    Fulham
    Blackpool
    Millwall

Down...
    Peterborough
    Derby
    Sheffield United

• ☝️ Middlesbrough
    ☝️ Blackpool
    ☝️ Huddersfield

? Millwall
    ? Sheffield Utd
    ? Peterborough

• And Derby to just cease to exist.

• Thumb thought of nonthence going on there. Millwall are so divisive.

• @micra said:
    Nottingham not Notts. Heinous indeed.

Half Scot, half Yorkshireman by blood; Nottingham born, Wycombe raised (via Scotland, Northern Ireland and Nottingham again). I'm complicated. But also very simple.

• @micra said:
    Thumb thought of nonthence going on there. Millwall are so divisive.

A year or two ago I'd have put Millwall in the group I'd like to see go up, but f*ck them for their booing anti-racism.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@micra said:
    Nottingham not Notts. Heinous indeed.

Half Scot, half Yorkshireman by blood; Nottingham born, Wycombe raised (via Scotland, Northern Ireland and Nottingham again). I'm complicated. But also very simple.

Walthamsow born, Nottingham raised, Bucks for about 22 years now. I'm simplistic.

• Ian Beale was born in Walthamstow in 1968, one of your schoolmates @Wendoverman?

• edited August 2021

@mooneyman said:
    Ian Beale was born in Walthamstow in 1968, one of your schoolmates @Wendoverman?

I doubt it unless he moved to Nottingham in 1964. 1980s Breakdancing legend Albert Trix Thompson of the Rock City Crew was a classmate though.

• I’ve had to resort to the dictionary to understand the difference between you two, @MindlessDrugHoover & @Wendoverman. It seems that the former is “plain, easy and ordinary” and the latter “characterised by extreme and often misleading simplicity.” You pays yer money and makes yer choice.

• Up:
    QPR
    Blackburn
    Preston

This is purely so none of them are tempted to test GA's resolve again, as they are all doing too well.

Down:
    Derby
    Peterborough
    Stoke

• We’d better try and go up then, @Shev.

• @micra said:
    We’d better try and go up then, @Shev.

We have a better PPG than the promotion season, so I am confident!