Skip to content

Park and ride

All worked well with parking in West Wycombe and being dropped off..would say as the traffic was being manned well the coaches could have dropped off at the gates especially for old pensioners and persons not fit for too long walks..was told there was 1 coach leaving on the final whistle..rest would be collecting at the entrance of hillbottom Road.

We got on the bus that would be leaving 1st..driver ended up waiting so long one of the other buses left before us and we got stuck with all the fans leaving and took over 20 mins to get down the road.

In future the buses need to leave quickly on final whistle or wait at entrance of hillbottom Road.

Comments

• edited August 2021

Surely the driver just waited until the (small) bus was full? Wouldn't make much sense going half empty would it?

Also, leaving on the final whistle means only those people who race out with a few mins to go would get on?

• Didnt mean literally on final whistle but they hanged around and 2 buses left amongst all the fans and cars.

• I saw one bus leave from actually inside the gates too. That surprised me.

It made it look an even bigger hassle to get out past more fans!

• @Malone said:
    I saw one bus leave from actually inside the gates too. That surprised me.

Certainly a mistake to do pick ups from the stadium.Let the fans walk down to entrance of hillbottom Road.

• @Aylesburyblue said:

@Malone said:

Certainly a mistake to do pick ups from the stadium.Let the fans walk down to entrance of hillbottom Road.

But then that causes problems for those with walking issues etc, that's the problem.

• @Malone said:

@Aylesburyblue said:

@Malone said:

But then that causes problems for those with walking issues etc, that's the problem.

Maybe leave one coach for ones with walking issues but won't be able to leave straight away and rest from entrance of hillbottom Road just like the old park and ride.