Skip to content

Great opportunity for WW on Saturday

If the weather forecast for Saturday is to be believed, most local cricket will be a wash-out. Add to that most local Non-League football & also the Premier League doesn’t start until August 14th & you have 3 potential areas of support to boost the crowd on Saturday.

WW MUST get their act together as we could have a fair few extra people turn up on Saturday. If there’s a repeat of the Leicester City shambles those extra people will vote with their feet next time a similar situation arises. I sincerely hope WW are up to the task.

Comments

• edited August 2021

Not to mention its summer holidays and almost no-one is going on foreign holidays this year.

There's a lot of parents of young kids who will be very bored on Saturday, and the football offers the perfect opportunity to do something despite the rain. If they can't get there easily, get a ticket and a burger for a reasonable price we can't expect them to come back.

• At the moment the ticketing and car parking appear to have gone backwards compared to 2019/20 season. Two areas that I never really considered broken. We now at best have a quite a bit of confusion. Hopefully its short term pain, long term gain.

• And food/catering was broken and still appears to have gone backwards.

• The Traffic thread on here will help

• The Leicester game was a pre season test event both on and off the pitch. Many useful lessons learnt after so long without fans and many new systems introduced. I’m sure club officials are working like mad to implement those learnings to make the fan experience smooth and enjoyable. Let’s give them a chance, see how Saturday goes then have a POV.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    And food/catering was broken and still appears to have gone backwards.

My food experience was largely based on the non WWFC vendors. The 'food truck' guys in the car park were outstanding. The food inside the stadium has, like most football grounds, been rank for years. I'll sometimes on a cold day have a chicken balti pie but even these can be burnt and stale all too often.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub Yeah, there was some great stuff in the Village. Not sure if there are plans for any of them to come back - Funky Elephant, as others have mentioned, are amazing.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    The Leicester game was a pre season test event both on and off the pitch. Many useful lessons learnt after so long without fans and many new systems introduced. I’m sure club officials are working like mad to implement those learnings to make the fan experience smooth and enjoyable. Let’s give them a chance, see how Saturday goes then have a POV.

Well said. There were many factors that led to problems for the Leicester game and the office staff with help from Trust directors have been working long hours to try and resolve those issues.

• Said it before and I’ll say it again. Consider whether you NEED to drive right up the industrial estate in your massive waggon.

Some do. Many don’t.

Every single driver who can avoid it will make a difference, along with the other measures that have been put in place.

• I'm considering train on Saturday for the exercise if nothing else...though I may try the park and ride at some point. I must admit the Leicester game made me nervous about risking the drive and park option...just in case. I don't want to be stuck in traffic with my Season Ticket burning a hole in me pocket at 2.55.

• edited August 2021

@arnos_grove said:
    Said it before and I’ll say it again. Consider whether you NEED to drive right up the industrial estate in your massive waggon.

Some do. Many don’t.

Every single driver who can avoid it will make a difference, along with the other measures that have been put in place.

Agreed. The idea of driving into that area on a match day fills me with dread.
    Either the dodgy sloping bank top field that locks you in for ages after, or the tight spaces in businesses close by.

There's one business past the roundabout that I look at every week and wonder how frustrating it must be if you arrive first.
    You'd literally have to wait for about 10 cars to move with no guarantee they're on way.

Accepted that those with small kids or mobility issues are a special case, but park half a mile or more away, job done.

The long term dream surely has to be a range of park n ride schemes, with few cars up and down Hillbottom, meaning swift in and outs for all.

• I thought MUST was an acronym when I first read it!

• @Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:

The long term dream surely has to be a range of park n ride schemes...

As dreams go, this is not especially high on my wish list.

• I’ve dreamt of a second access road before now, but I think I’d eaten quite late, and had some cheese.

• @HCblue said:

@Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:

The long term dream surely has to be a range of park n ride schemes...

As dreams go, this is not especially high on my wish list.

Clearly it needs the phrase "in terms of access to the ground" in there.

Failing basically buying up the whole town centre and making the whole town about the football club only.