Skip to content

A4010

2»

Comments

• The brain does strange things. I read the letters in that Ambassador reg as BLUE.

• @micra said:
    I vaguely remember the Ambassador but the car that stands out most in my memory is a Royal Blue Austin Princess. A colleague expressed surprise, saying she thought it a very ‘staid’ choice for a fifty-year-old. Probably was but I’ve always loved me comforts!

I choose cars by which is going to be most like driving a living room.

• @micra said:
    I vaguely remember the Ambassador but the car that stands out most in my memory is a Royal Blue Austin Princess. A colleague expressed surprise, saying she thought it a very ‘staid’ choice for a fifty-year-old. Probably was but I’ve always loved me comforts!

You’d have liked the Ambassador in reality it was a Princess with a facelift mostly the same mechanics but was let down by the lack of a five speed box. It was a shame BL only sold it for two years.
    @drcongo the Ambassador was your living room on wheels combining the cushiness of hydrogas suspension and the feel of velour seats (if your living room is like mine) .

• I loved the Cambridge for the deep wallowy seats.

• I remember the Ambassador well @Morris_Ital, when I was a kid I thought it was a slightly silly car for slightly silly old men. But now that I'm a silly old man I have a very different view of it. My current car is the closest thing I've ever found to a living room on wheels and I love it.

• It’s a glimpse into the future,