Skip to content

Russell Martin confirmed as Swansea head coach

2»

Comments

• Would be interesting if Swansea and the Franchise get drawn in one of the cups this year!

• Good luck to Russell he is a great bloke and a good coach and one of footballs nice guys. He may not have management experience at that level but he has had a lot of experience playing at International, Premiership and Championship levels. He is a really great guy and I hope he makes a very good job if it.
    All the very best Russell.

• @drcongo said:

This guy is in for a shock when he finds out how his club came to exist.

Biggest betrayal he's ever seen? Is it his first week in football?!

• This is all such a joy. I just hope he moves for a few of their better players too, at the very least to unsettle them.

• He’s obviously just waiting for the Wycombe job to become vacant, hopefully he’ll be waiting for a few more years yet, but one day Russ, one day.

• Hope you’re not wearing them with those hippie sandals @LX1.

• Interesting that supporters of a club who literally moved out of town seem to value loyalty.

Good luck Russ. Great for a young manager to get this kind of chance

• I totally get why Swansea want him - they have a clear identity of how they want to play and operate and he fits this perfectly. Incidentally, I think that Gaz has created such an identity for us that I would love us to adopt that kind of model. Meaning, when he eventually does leave us then we could well be looking at someone that may surprise a few people but hopefully be in his mould too.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Good luck to Russell he is a great bloke and a good coach and one of footballs nice guys. He may not have management experience at that level but he has had a lot of experience playing at International, Premiership and Championship levels. He is a really great guy and I hope he makes a very good job if it.
    All the very best Russell.

This is spot on.