Skip to content

Attendance Prediction Game On - Game One - One Week to Go - Accrington Stanley (H) Sat 7th Aug

13»

Comments

• 5220 please with 130 Accy.

• It's quiet I think I've over estimated significantly

• 4,551 the crowd given

• I overestimated the crowd…people must be going on holiday again?

• Must admit I thought it looked more. Terrace was packed, Frank Adams and Family Stand well populated. Looking around the ground just before kick-off, I guessed 5,100.

• Very few away supporters.

• Post Match Post
    Thanks to all who forecast the attendance. There were 39 predictions and we were a bit optimistic, although I think the atmosphere experience was easily like a 5000+ crowd.
    There is more to come too.

I haven't been able yet to track down the figure for the away crowd which did look quite small. I'll e-mail the club if nobody has a reliable source.

Match Day 1 Winner
    Congratulations to @wwfcblue who won the competition for Match Day 1 with the cunning prediction of 4567 which was just 16 away from the actual official attendance of 4551. Please take a bow if you wish. Special mention for @davebevan and @a40 who had predictions which were closer than 100.

I might be wrong but I have a feeling that publishing the whole table is unwise after the first game so here are the top ten so far. Yesterday twenty three people were closer than the Blue average who has in seasons past been a very competitive forecaster. @bookertease was last forecaster whose prediction yesterday beat the average.

The Current Top Ten

@wwfcblue whose prediction of 4567 was out by 16
    @davebevan whose prediction of 4590 was out by 39
    @a40 whose prediction of 4650 was out by 99
    @mooneyman whose prediction of 4444 was out by 107
    @HCBlue whose prediction of 4683 was out by 132
    @DJWYC whose prediction of 4345 was out by 206
    @PrinceofCrowell whose prediction of 4764 was out by 213
    @our_frank whose prediction of 4791 was out by 240
    @floyd whose prediction of 4807 was out by 256

Blue Average our prediction of 4930 was out by 379

If anyone wants to see the detail - spot mistakes - see exactly how you did - see who was furthest out - the spreadsheet for the game is available here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19wnJBAXvDbekw3GO8tqfE-rMh9sUJCXZhdAlyQoJ6Wc/edit?usp=sharing

Next Game - Cheltenham Away
    It is still well possible and indeed encouraged for anyone to join in the season long competition where only your best ten predictions of the season will count. I have the best intentions to start the thread for Cheltenham game today. After the Cheltenham game the closer of two prediction will count for the leaderboard.-

• A lucky guess!

I’m hoping my 123 is close for the away attendance too.

• Thanks for sharing this. I think!