Skip to content

Hanwell Town (A) 7.30pm

Appears as though we have a friendly fixture this evening against Hanwell Town. Reasonable to assume that this is another game for the development squad exclusively, or would we expect to see brief run-outs from those who did not play on Wednesday (e.g. Thompson, Wheeler, Taff, Vokes)?

Comments

• Worth it for the dreamy pitch

• LX1LX1
    edited July 2021

plus cash turnstile and WXM lager. Charging £2 for a programme is a DISGRACE mind.

• @LX1 said:
    plus cash turnstile and WXM lager. Charging £2 for a programme is a DISGRACE mind.

Has anyone checked the car park?

• I scouted the ground on the bike a few weeks ago. They have a big car park and there is plenty of street parking.

• I’m definitely going, almost certainly on the bike. If you’re there and want to say hi, I’ll be the tall older bloke in black mountain biking shorts and a Wycombe shirt.

• If you’re looking for @OakwoodExile tonight he looks exactly as you’d imagine.

• I'm just pleased he's got the right night

• @floyd i really don’t know how to take that! Since you are a lovely bloke, I will take it as a compliment

• @OakwoodExile said:
    @floyd i really don’t know how to take that! Since you are a lovely bloke, I will take it as a compliment

Before we met I pictured you as looking like a wise, elder statesman and I was right!

• @floyd That is very kind. @eric_plant Not as glad as I am! Good to see you Wednesday.

• Yep, I think the performance backed up what we were saying as well. Very promising for the season ahead

• Any news on this ? Not even anything on twitter.

Can't believe Hanwell havnt got a YouTube channel and aren't live streaming it for us ! (I'm joking before someone thinks I'm not)

• Follow [at]WWFCsigningnews, he/she is there providing updates and trialist ID

• 2-0 up. Very young team. Playing really well though.

• 3-1 at half time.

• Great pitch. Really good game, plenty of good moves. Left back (#17) has been solid and #11 outstanding- won and scored a pen plus another brilliant goal. Other goal from #10 who played at Aylesbury the other week, nippy forward..

Very young side but playing some really impressive stuff.

• I’ll do my best to give a HT report given I’ve absolutely no idea who any of the players are.

Basically we’ve played really well against pretty average opposition and lead 3-1.

We’ve a pair of Scot Kashket types up front wearing 10 and 11 who are pretty handy. The 11 won and scored a pen in the first 30 secs and scored a cracker just before half-time. The 10 scored a good goal too midway through the half.

Elsewhere number 4 looks like a decent holding midfielder who understands his craft and there’s a Roger Johnson type centre-half wearing number 2 whose clattered a few and looks like he knows what he’s doing.

I would imagine Sam Grace is pretty pleased with his team’s performance as are Gareth and Dobbo who are here too.

• I had a fanboy conversation with Gaz. Lovely little ground. I may pop in here again if they’re at home and we have an away game I can’t get to.

• Not so much to report in second half. Lots of young men desperately trying to play football to prove themselves yet hardly any football played.

3-1 to Wycombe. Some encouraging performances.

• I’m refereeing the Development team next Friday at Marlow Road, though don’t know who the opposition is as yet. There is definitely some terrific talent around. Amazing to think this time last year I reffed a couple of matches where a kid called Anis was the star of the shows.

• Finally hats off to Hanwell Town for tonight. Nice ground, good people. Hopefully we’ll do it again some time.

• And finally someone managed to score against us.

• Why don’t we have reports on Twitter or the club website for the U23 games? It would be really nice to see how things went. It seems that these matches are almost secret. Maybe it is down to the COVID issues but hopefully going forward we can have a bit more on our website about the U23 team.
    Maybe squad profiles and fixture, results and reports.

• Yeah I agree, would be good

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Why don’t we have reports on Twitter or the club website for the U23 games? It would be really nice to see how things went. It seems that these matches are almost secret. Maybe it is down to the COVID issues but hopefully going forward we can have a bit more on our website about the U23 team.
    Maybe squad profiles and fixture, results and reports.

They're mostly trialists rather than actual Dev squad members aren't they? Not sure how many we have signed up outside of those training / playing with the first team. Match report along lines of triallist 1 converted from trialist 2 cross after great work from trialist 3 wouldn't add much.

• Agreed that happens in pre-season but we now have a good number of U23 players signed up and going forward it would be great to get some updates, fixtures, scores, reports etc.

• I don't think they'll have set fixtures, will they? Plus we only have six development players signed up - and two of those are close to the first team already.

• @StrongestTeam ’Dev squad members….”. I recognise @DevC is very much part of the fabric of the club but I didn’t realise he now sponsors the B team!

• @perfidious_albion said:
    @StrongestTeam ’Dev squad members….”. I recognise @DevC is very much part of the fabric of the club but I didn’t realise he now sponsors the B team!

Will he be able to get down for the end of season sponsors dinner though!

• @ReturnToSenda - no I didn’t think there would be set fixtures like a league but we know pretty much a few weeks in advance of the games ahead, although some might be more ad hoc.
    Further, there will be a number of first team squad players appearing in these fixtures, some who are not getting many game minutes in the first team and some maybe returning from injury, so on that basis it would be good to have more information when available. Hopefully that will happen as the COVID restrictions are now somewhat lifted.