Skip to content

2nd Half Triallist CB v Leicester

Looked like Tom Flanagan to me - has played a shed load of games for Pompey and Sunderland in this league. And he is another local lad.

Comments

• It was Ben Tricker. Was announced as Harrow Borough's captain for the season but has not been in there squads for pre season friendlies. Released by Fulham end of 19/20 season

• @RomanHats said:
    It was Ben Tricker. Was announced as Harrow Borough's captain for the season but has not been in there squads for pre season friendlies. Released by Fulham end of 19/20 season

Defensively he looked capable but his touch let him down, be surprised if we sign him. Thought the lad in midfield who came on for Pendlebury is worth another look (Ricky Aguiar) - aggressive and did well for the goal.

• Ha he reminded me of Tom Flanagan as well, I actually checked though and he still has another year at Sunderland, plus has played their pre-season games.

• Agree with @Stoat_Goggles (great moniker btw). Centre back bit of a Bambi, didn’t inspire confidence.

• Amazing how we all see games differently.

I thought he was outstanding

• To be fair I always thought Sido had more than a bit of Bambi about him - and I always looked forwards to seeing his name on the team sheet

• He get better in the last 15 mins, looked a bit inexperienced and lightweight until then. Great covering header at the end.
    Possibly one for the development team.

• I thought he was excellent too.

• @eric_plant said:
    Amazing how we all see games differently.

I thought he was outstanding

I agree eric, about both the players and differing views. He did a lot of shouting and looked quite comfortable beside Stewart. I think he would be a useful edition. Both half defences looked very good against a side of Premier League regulars and Internationals.

• Thought he looked solid and grew into the game as the second half progressed, wouldn't be surprised if he was signed for the B Team

• His positioning was good but agree his touch looked loose. The midfielder second half was handy. Aggressive and involved in the goal. Did we know who he was? Felt sorry for the lad up front as his movement was excellent - didn’t stop but struggled to get on the ball.

• @kiscokid said:
    His positioning was good but agree his touch looked loose. The midfielder second half was handy. Aggressive and involved in the goal. Did we know who he was? Felt sorry for the lad up front as his movement was excellent - didn’t stop but struggled to get on the ball.

Ricky Aguiar was the midfielder who came on at HT. Tjay De Baar was the midfielder who came on around 75 mins.

• @ChasHarps said:
    He get better in the last 15 mins, looked a bit inexperienced and lightweight until then. Great covering header at the end.
    Possibly one for the development team.

Yes a stint in the B team and a couple of months of weight training with Bayo should sort him out

• I would generally agree that both Aguiar and Tricker seemed to have something to offer.

Always incredibly difficult for young players to shine in 45 minutes against top players while battling their nerves.

Tricker was asked to play the central role in the back three which to my mind is always the most crucial position in that formation and other than a brief moment of indecision which didn’t do any real damage he showed up quite well against the likes of Iheanacho, Maddison etc.

I’d imagine they’d both get a further chance tonight.

• What a chance for triallists though...getting the chance to face Leicester

• To be fair, one of them has already scored in The Nations League and Champions League!

@Wendoverman said:
    What a chance for triallists though...getting the chance to face Leicester