Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone know if the Arriva bus will be running from the station tonight?

Nothing on the official site as far as I can see.

Comments

• Probably not as the game isn't for another week ;)

• @ReturnToSenda. Good point well made

• Well that is at one and the same time my most embarrassing and most personally useful post! I am very glad I found that out on here rather than by turning up tonight.

• I was asked by a fan about park and ride service from the rail station for next Wednesday, so referred that to the club.

Their response was:
    "With reference to your question regarding the Park and Ride. We are in the process of fine tuning the plans and whilst I do not feel the Station service will be in place for the Leicester friendly it will be in place for the start of the season. I am hopeful there will be a Park and Ride from West Wycombe for the Leicester game.
    We will be announcing more details shortly."

• Look on the bright side @OakwoodExile it's better than asking the question a week Saturday, thinking the game will at 3pm that day!

• Best thread ever

• It is still a very relevant question if the bus moves slowly enough.

• I'm prepared to take my well-deserved humiliation on the chin. I was genuinely convinced (obviously) that it was today and I have a 30 mile journey to AP involving two changes. Knowing that this is something that Eric will never forget is a small price to pay considering the alternative.

• You're a good sport, @OakwoodExile!

• You’re a true fan @OakwoodExile. Admirable.

• All this having to remember what day to turn up on for games is going to take some getting used to.

• I remember decades ago people saying things like β€œOh him, he doesn’t know what day of the week it is”. Doesn’t sound nearly as outrageous now.

• For some reason I thought the game was Wed this week too, so I don't blame the opening poster!
    I've paid almost no attention to it though, firmly following @oilysailor's friendlies are "trash" sentimonies

(updated as his actual phrase will probably get someone offended)

• Must admit I'm not usually that bothered about friendlies but after a year out and working from home I just wanted to take the first opportunity to get in to see 22 highly.paid idiots kicking a pigs bladder about on a field again!

• Have always loved pre season:
    Usually sunny with good pitches
    Trialist spotting
    Familiar faces in the crowd
    No agonising tension re the result
    Wednesday should be a joyous reunion imo

• You almost convinced me @perfidious_albion that I should excuse myself from my prior engagement but I’m afraid that’s not an option. Have a great evening (and all the rest of you). I shall look forward to reading all the comments.

• Will this thread be renamed on Wednesday?

• @OakwoodExile Last season I emailed the Club complaining I hadn't got my iFollow code for tomorrow's game. Think it was Alan Cecil who politely replied informing me the game was over a week away and I should receive one nearer the time.