Skip to content

What kit manufacturer would you want next?

2»

Comments

• Is it okay not to have an opinion about the shirt manufacture beyond hoping the kit is not being stitched together by children for 2p a day?
    Also as a late comer I have only known the quarters, but would not be dreadfully upset with a retro pre-AP shirt.

• edited July 2021

@OakwoodExile said:
    The only problem with that Freiburg shirt is that the sponsor's log is far too prominent against the black and grey background.

Spot on. That sponsor's logo belongs on a jester's costume, whereas the football shirt looks like it is for mourning.

• One thing I do like about American sports is that they do allow for throwback uniforms. I love the quarters, but it would make sense to have a game or two per season with a throwback kit. I am assuming the reason it would not happen is the expense of making a kit to be worn just once or twice?

• @OakwoodExile said:
    @drcongo If you want that to happen I strongly suggest no one shows a translation of their "Chi Siamo" page to our Republican chairman!

Siamo tutti antifascisti.

• @Shev said:
    One thing I do like about American sports is that they do allow for throwback uniforms. I love the quarters, but it would make sense to have a game or two per season with a throwback kit. I am assuming the reason it would not happen is the expense of making a kit to be worn just once or twice?

I'm all for this as well, but I sense it's an unpopular opinion in football.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Was quartered shirts with white shorts ever a regular thing? Cause I think that looks really good.

From 1912-1966 Wanderers wore white shorts, also wore them for the last game at Loakes Park and that never to be forgotten semi final at Alty in 1991.

• @ChasHarps said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Was quartered shirts with white shorts ever a regular thing? Cause I think that looks really good.

From 1912-1966 Wanderers wore white shorts, also wore them for the last game at Loakes Park and that never to be forgotten semi final at Alty in 1991.

Ah right, I thought I'd seen some pics of Football League games with that combination, but maybe not.

• @Shev said:
    One thing I do like about American sports is that they do allow for throwback uniforms. I love the quarters, but it would make sense to have a game or two per season with a throwback kit. I am assuming the reason it would not happen is the expense of making a kit to be worn just once or twice?

As long as it doesn't turn into a horrendous commercial fest like this garbage from down under
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/aleague-announces-special-star-warsthemed-round-20171128-gzui2n.html

• I love the quartered shirt with white shorts

• Yeah I like the white shorts as well, and tbh I think they should always be worn instead of blue when we supposedly have a short clash

• @drcongo We may all be, but I'm not sure that's true of today's GOP!

• What happened to the kit launch? Wasn't it supposed to be Wednesday?

• Tidying the office?

• @eric_plant said:
    What happened to the kit launch? Wasn't it supposed to be Wednesday?

Next Wednesday - although I think most people have already seen it.