Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jordan Ibe Released

Jordan has been released a year early from his Derby contract.

  1. Would you sign him on the right wages?44 votes
    1. Yes
      63.64%
    2. No
      36.36%

Comments

  • I think it would be to much of a risk that it would damage the close unity of our squad.

  • Lots of comment in the ex player thread too but the survey is a bit of an odd one as it's not really about the wages, and it's not a question you can answer based on how he's done over the last few years, it's wether he has the attitude and the hunger, wether they could get a tune out of him and help him through his issues, otherwise it wouldn't be any good for any party.

  • When this has been raised on here Iโ€™ve been a no. Largely because Iโ€™ve not seen him play consistently well enough at another of his clubs to suggest heโ€™ll offer us anything.

    The only thing I would say though in losing Fred weโ€™ve lost a player who could play either left or right wing back and therefore saved us the cost of an additional player. Ibe could potentially fill that slot and offer backup to Obita and McCarthy.

    The bit we donโ€™t know is whether heโ€™s actually good enough now.

  • I canโ€™t help but feel that both he is exactly the type of player that we need, and that we might be exactly the club he needs.

    It would of course have massive potential to go wrong, but if it works out it would be magnificent.

  • One would have to presume heโ€™s had a decent pay-off from Derby for being willing to cancel the last year of his contract so maybe heโ€™s available on the cheap.

    For me heโ€™d need to be to risk taking a punt on. He canโ€™t need the money and Gareth/Dobbo might just rescue a career sadly going down the pan.

  • @TheatreOfChairs said:
    One would have to presume heโ€™s had a decent pay-off from Derby for being willing to cancel the last year of his contract so maybe heโ€™s available on the cheap.

    For me heโ€™d need to be to risk taking a punt on. He canโ€™t need the money and Gareth/Dobbo might just rescue a career sadly going down the pan.

    I wonder which currency they paid him in. Crisps maybe, or maybe some free bets from their sponsor, or perhaps just a classic IOU slip.

  • @Gary said:

    @TheatreOfChairs said:
    One would have to presume heโ€™s had a decent pay-off from Derby for being willing to cancel the last year of his contract so maybe heโ€™s available on the cheap.

    For me heโ€™d need to be to risk taking a punt on. He canโ€™t need the money and Gareth/Dobbo might just rescue a career sadly going down the pan.

    I wonder which currency they paid him in. Crisps maybe, or maybe some free bets from their sponsor, or perhaps just a classic IOU slip.

    I thought it was reported that he was basically on a pay as you play contract. If so as he hardly played, I doubt he received much income.

  • @mooneyman said:

    @Gary said:

    @TheatreOfChairs said:
    One would have to presume heโ€™s had a decent pay-off from Derby for being willing to cancel the last year of his contract so maybe heโ€™s available on the cheap.

    For me heโ€™d need to be to risk taking a punt on. He canโ€™t need the money and Gareth/Dobbo might just rescue a career sadly going down the pan.

    I wonder which currency they paid him in. Crisps maybe, or maybe some free bets from their sponsor, or perhaps just a classic IOU slip.

    I thought it was reported that he was basically on a pay as you play contract. If so as he hardly played, I doubt he received much income.

    Yes, and I think I read somewhere that he only featured for something like 11 minutes for them? Or maybe Iโ€™ve made that up! My comment was in relation to him receiving a decent pay off.

    I hope the guy gets the help he needs and gets his career back on track.

  • In fairness, we earned two million quid from his sale and it may have been the difference between us having a club or not today given the money came at a time we were really struggling.

    Perhaps we ought to give me a chance as we probably owe him one.

  • The only think I want to know is how Derby are going to amortise Ibe's value in their ledgers.

  • @TheatreOfChairs said:
    In fairness, we earned two million quid from his sale and it may have been the difference between us having a club or not today given the money came at a time we were really struggling.

    Perhaps we ought to give me a chance as we probably owe him one.

    Really good point that, would be a wonderful story, although he may need more help than the club are able to offer initially, if the club were able to help him off the field and he was able to help us on it then that would be a great link back to the old days of the youth team and possibly go full circle in helping ressurect something on those lines or at least inspiring one or two coming through now and helping them get where they want to go. Of course there are safeguarding issues for him and the team spirit and the other players but he could have a lot to offer. Not sure how many people saw him play for us. His health is the main priority though and it's always a bit grubby when people straight away are looking for a bargain without maybe offerring the support needed in order to make it a success for everyone.

  • @Ed_ said:
    The only think I want to know is how Derby are going to amortise Ibe's value in their ledgers.

    I think they will write off a huge loss of value on Jordan and that will help to meet their FFP regulations.

  • Iโ€™ve voted โ€˜yesโ€™. I agree very much with @Chris. But letโ€™s at least spell his name correctly!

  • I voted yes. If anyone can sort him out Dobbo can. Pay him for games played only and see where it goes. Good Luck Jordan.

  • It's an intriguing possibility. Maybe get him in for training, give him the time and support he needs and he could flourish. I suspect Ibe is out of love with football at the moment, but if anyone can rekindle that flame it would be GA and Dobbo.

  • There is clearly a consensus building here but even I am a bit wobbly without knowing a lot more about Jordonโ€™s current state of mind. It might take rather more time and expertise to get the lad back on track than even a club as accommodating and understanding as Wycombe Wanderers is able to offer.

    So sad to me because I will never forget the polite, shy teenager with the world at his feet (literally!) that I met at the training ground all those years ago. Really hope the future will be much happier for him.

  • @micra said:
    There is clearly a consensus building here but even I am a bit wobbly without knowing a lot more about Jordonโ€™s current state of mind. It might take rather more time and expertise to get the lad back on track than even a club as accommodating and understanding as Wycombe Wanderers is able to offer.

    So sad to me because I will never forget the polite, shy teenager with the world at his feet (literally!) that I met at the training ground all those years ago. Really hope the future will be much happier for him.

    Totally agree with your thoughts. If heโ€™s able to train and ultimately play then no other club in the world will be in a better position to support him on and off the field.

  • Perhaps someone from the club could reach out to him and his family and offer him the opportunity to come and train with squad, have a look around, take part in training games. No pressure , but keep his fitness levels up etc. If the spark is ignited again then offer him a contract to put him back in the shop window, if he doesnโ€™t fancy it then he moves on with wwFCs blessing.

    Could be a good move for him personally and professionally.

  • Agreed. Dobbo if you read this you have known him since he was a young lad. Raheem Sterling joined Liverpool from QPR for similar money as Jordon from WWFC. I donโ€™t know if this would work but I think itโ€™s worth trying for him and us. Regards

Sign In or Register to comment.