Skip to content

Up for a chat shev.?

I leathered

Comments

• Hey LX1. Hope you are well! I feel like the night shift worker on the Gasroom.

• What did you leather @LX1 ?

• Describe in a few words what constitutes a silly season.

• class thread, this.

• The Gaslightroom?

• More fanny than gaslight.

• @micra said:
    More fanny than gaslight.

Lucky you

• Trust you to lower the tone @MorrisItal_ !
    I was alluding to the 1944 black and white film Fanny by Gaslight of course. But you probably knew that anyway!

• Not sure if your a George Formby fan like myself Mr Micra.
    But you may enjoy this.

• That banjo break at the end is pure sauce!

• @ChasHarps said:
    Not sure if your a George Formby fan like myself Mr Micra.
    But you may enjoy this.

Sure did! Brilliant. Best smile ‘since’ Giles and Eze too. Can’t say I’ve ever been what you’d call a fan - only really familiar with the window cleaner song but that’s a right belter.

Have football crowds recently been fanlight ? Groans.

• Esma Cannon was a character actress who played a little old lady in numerous fils and tv comedies later in life. A funny (peculiar) little thing.

• Thanks @perfidious_albion. I was trying to put a name to her.

• If you gave Gareth Southgate a shave a banjo and a pot of brylcreem we’d make the final

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Esma Cannon was a character actress who played a little old lady in numerous fils and tv comedies later in life. A funny (peculiar) little thing.

An underrated part of the Carry On world, especially in Carry on Cabby.

• @micra cannot believe you have not heard of George's little stick of blackpool rock.

• Didnt that get banned by the BBC ?

• BBC ban every little thing slightly risqué these days

• Apparently the original title was suck on this Doris

• @HolmerBlue said:
    BBC ban every little thing slightly risqué these days

'These days' in this case would have been the 1930s and 1940s (see also Max Miller) you can't blame them woke lefty snowflakes for everything.

• You can, far too worried about maybe upsetting someone

• BBC bans far less these days than it used to.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    You can, far too worried about maybe upsetting someone

Winston Churchill and Lord Reith?

• Sir Winston please.

• @Wendoverman said:
    @micra cannot believe you have not heard of George's little stick of blackpool rock.

Now you mention it I remember it. It’s just that “......when I’m cleaning windows” was the ditty that was going round and round and round in my head. Earworm I think it’s called. Diana Ross’s poignant song “I’m still waiting” was there for a long time yesterday.

• @micra said:

@Wendoverman said:
    @micra cannot believe you have not heard of George's little stick of blackpool rock.

Now you mention it I remember it. It’s just that “......when I’m cleaning windows” was the ditty that was going round and round and round in my head. Earworm I think it’s called. Diana Ross’s poignant song “I’m still waiting” was there for a long time yesterday.

Morning @micra do you remember the disco song “Yes sir I can boogie” I hate it but it’s stuck in my head the bane of my life.

• Now it’s stuck in ours too. Thanks.

• I heard somewhere (and it seems to work for me) that one way to forget about earworm is to think about another sound instead, one that is short and recognisable like the Intel jingle.

• This might cure it