Skip to content

Public Service Broadcasting New Album

2»

Comments

• Most pop group names are ludicrous @micra the “Beatles” anyone”

As for Public Service Broadcasting please humour me and listen to Spiitfire and then give me your opinion

• @micra search the interweb for videos of Spitfire, White Liner or live favourite 'Go!' and you will possibly find them more intriguing. This is a bit more industrial and techno than their normal output perhaps.

• edited June 2021

OMD dabbled with sampling of broadcasts on 'Dazzle Ships'. The jury was very much out on that experiment, but it always quite intrigued me.

@MindlessDrugHoover I see you weren’t joking about Minuit Machine and Propaganda.

• Appreciate all the constructive responses to my unnecessarily dismissive reaction to @MorrisItal_ ‘s initial post. That reaction was too instant and was based on what was clearly an atypical example of the PSB repertoire. Listening on a small iPhone didn’t help. I like plenty of bass and you don’t get that on a tiny, tinny device.

I shall play via Bluetooth on my Ruark music centre some of the pieces you guys have recommended (several of which I’ve already sampled on this iPhone). I enjoyed performances of Sputnik, Go and Valentina from the August 2019 Prom concert but will expect the sound to be different again.

Thanks again.