Skip to content

Season Tickets

Comments

• Been to see Ben twice this week over this issue. Like many I have a squashed barcode/QR thingy, but it states it's for the Acc game? Surely we don't have to go through this same process for every game do we?
    My good lady who is extremely competent in computer programming, coding, type stuff, (she has a degree in it), is pulling her hair out with this system, so heaven help Ben on Monday when I take her down!!!!

• @adamspark said:
    @arnos_grove Glad to have been of assistance - but did you have any success actually downloading the digital version? All my attempts have failed!

Nope, down for maintenance here.

• @EwanHoosaami Following the instructions here from @adamspark it looks like we'll be able to download a "Season Card" at some mystery point in the future once the world's most arduous maintenance task is completed: https://gasroom.org/discussion/comment/193086/#Comment_193086

• Preferably before the season starts, which is really annoying the current title holder of Mrs @EwanHoosaami!!

• Do we not test these applications/ processes before launch?

• Got to admire the Couhigs attention to detail and tradition. I was mourning the loss of the great Gasroom annual ‘when will my Season Ticket arrive’ thread in this new digital age but they’ve brilliantly updated it to ‘when will my Season Ticket appear’.

We are in very safe hands

• @adamspark said:
    @arnos_grove Glad to have been of assistance - but did you have any success actually downloading the digital version? All my attempts have failed!

No, but one step further forward.

• Interesting thread this. After weeks of debating whether or not to buy a season ticket my other half persuaded me I should (she seems to want me out of the house on Saturdays!) I succumbed and ordered one late on Thursday evening. After reading this thread I opted for the physical card. It all went through smoothly enough but I didn’t get charged the £5 fee. I’m wondering if they’ve waived it now? A friend also renewed on the same evening and had the same experience.

• As someone who struggles on a regular basis when setting things up online I didn’t think twice about buying a plastic card (and I certainly wouldn’t begrudge anyone not having to pay a niggardly fiver!) but I’ll be getting nervous if it hasn’t arrived by Friday!

• And I’m assuming (I hope correctly) that the card alone will enable me to get into the stadium (posh) but one or two posters have mentioned that the card doesn’t have a bar/QR code on it. Perhaps it’s smart in the same way as a debit card?

• @micra mine has just arrived, I suspect you will receive either today or Monday. Correct, there is no barcode or QR code to scan.

• I’ve just checked using my iPhone and it does appear to have a chip inside.

• Thanks @Gary .

• My wife and I received our physical season tickets today in the post with a fixture list each. It has made our day after fighting with the ticketing system like many others, it was a steep learning curve. Interesting we got TWO tickets each, been like waiting for a bus when two arrive at once. Roll on next Saturday, only seven sleeps to go !!.
    Thanks to all involved at the club for their work in the ticket office.

• Ticket arrived here as well.
    I'm usually a right tightwad (will park a mile away rather than pay £5-10 parking etc) but a physical ticket was an absolute must for me.

Can't believe it's all a week away.
    Just hope my game going pal can actually make a few this year. But either way just pleased it's back.

• I also now have my planet killing unwaived £5 plastic no visible code season ticket in my wallet. Now it is all real...

• I'm beginning to feel left out now, still can't download a virtual card for the entire season. The maintenance team is still working on it apparently! Probably taken a break to fix the food ordering App.
    Maybe I'll have to upgrade to one of these new fangled plastic things with embedded chips.
    I wonder, ?, if I took my micro-chipped cat along would that work?

• @Twizz said:
    I'm beginning to feel left out now, still can't download a virtual card for the entire season. The maintenance team is still working on it apparently! Probably taken a break to fix the food ordering App.
    Maybe I'll have to upgrade to one of these new fangled plastic things with embedded chips.

A few years back there was a bloke in London who spent his entire life dressed as a wizard. When Oyster cards came along, he removed the NFC chip from his Oyster and stuck it in the end of a magic wand so that he could travel on buses by tapping the wand on the reader when he got on.

• @drcongo, they nicknamed me Gandolf at work because of my white hair and beard so that's not such a bad shout, ?‍♂️.

• @Twizz said:
    I'm beginning to feel left out now, still can't download a virtual card for the entire season. The maintenance team is still working on it apparently! Probably taken a break to fix the food ordering App.

She’d have a great time chasing partridges.

• @drcongo said:

@Twizz said:

A few years back there was a bloke in London who spent his entire life dressed as a wizard. When Oyster cards came along, he removed the NFC chip from his Oyster and stuck it in the end of a magic wand so that he could travel on buses by tapping the wand on the reader when he got on.

I'm not sure we should be encouraging people to get their wands out at the turnstiles.

• You’re at it again @ReturnToSenda !!

• Yes, i think you've got "Oohmatron .com" open in a different session, and accidentally posted it in here.

• In fairness, it might be a merch idea? Wycombe WANDerers... It's staring them right in the face.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    In fairness, it might be a merch idea? Wycombe WANDerers... It's staring them right in the face.

As long as it's not combined with "up the wyc", it could work.

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    In fairness, it might be a merch idea? Wycombe WANDerers... It's staring them right in the face.

As long as it's not combined with "up the wyc", it could work.

Nah, that's going on the new official club candles.

• My plastic card has made it up north. Happy days.

• Yep mine arrived today as well.

• Got mine on Saturday and it looks very smart and chipper.

• I collected mine before the Leicester game and got another one in the post this morning!

Will take both on Saturday to be on the safe side.