Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New merch (Wycombe x The Terrace)

Great partnership - these guys do some really good stuff

Β«1

Comments

  • If it makes the club some money all good stuff.
    Slightly odd decision to feature the 1997 kit so prominently?

  • The 96/97 Smith era shirt gets a run out on some of the merchandise which is strange as it wasn’t well liked at the time

  • That's the worst kit we've ever had.... and I mean ever !

  • It seems to have an odd cult following. What I find amazing - and that was well before my time - is that the alternative in the vote was even worse!

  • It's not just the worst Wycombe kit ever, it's the worst kit ever

  • @ReturnToSenda said:
    It seems to have an odd cult following. What I find amazing - and that was well before my time - is that the alternative in the vote was even worse!

    I sent in a sketch in at the time it would have been a classic. The only thing that they took of it was the embroidered wwfc it was then I knew Smith had to go and of course after months of turgid football and the condescending attitude

  • I like the 97 kit. Bring the downvotes.

  • @ReturnToSenda said:
    It seems to have an odd cult following. What I find amazing - and that was well before my time - is that the alternative in the vote was even worse!

    People seem to agree with you on this, but I preferred the other one which at least kept the quarters.
    The other one with just horrible. And a fitting homage to Smith's periodm

  • @Malone said:

    @ReturnToSenda said:
    It seems to have an odd cult following. What I find amazing - and that was well before my time - is that the alternative in the vote was even worse!

    People seem to agree with you on this, but I preferred the other one which at least kept the quarters.
    The other one with just horrible. And a fitting homage to Smith's periodm

    I seem to remember the choice was between plain horrible and what the hell is that. I’ve noticed a lot of the β€œchoices”
    we get these days are like that.

  • Corbyn and Johnson !!

  • It would be cool / potentially disastrous to have a fan vote on a kit these days. Tranmere have gone full retro with their new home kit - badge and all - I think as the result of a vote.

  • It is hard to change a kit that has to be quarters and has to be the same colours.

    I loved the one with the Swan on and the "double" quarters ones. But I know they had loads of moaners too.

  • Didn't like the 'stripey quarters' at the time, but now with the passage of time I've come to view that kit as a distinctive one-off that is forever associated with a particular era. Personally though, I've managed to divorce the kit from its managerial and footballing associations.
    The green and white striped 'Carlisle' kit, however, goes down as my least favourite Wycombe kit of all time. Absolutely nothing Wycombe-like about it at all.

  • Does it have to be quarters ?
    We had some wonderful light blue shirts, dark blue short combo's, for over 30 years.

  • The Southend play off final kit is my favourite along with away kit that same season

  • @Malone said:
    It is hard to change a kit that has to be quarters and has to be the same colours.

    I loved the one with the Swan on and the "double" quarters ones. But I know they had loads of moaners too.

    The swan shirt is my favourite in 18 years supporting Wycombe - and not just because of the obvious association! I'd like to see a light blue 'alternative' home shirt, feel like I missed out on that era! Big fan of the Adidas kit with the shiny shorts (mid-80s?).

  • I loved the swan shirt too, just something a little different. It's in my top two along with the 93/94 shirt.

    As for away shirts, give me the green and white stripes from our first season in the FL, or the yellow Integrity Software shirt with the light and dark blue stripe down one side.

  • Yeah the green and white away one was probably one of my favourites. Properly unique.

    A huge amount of the others have just felt massively generic.

  • I'm still holding out hope one year for our white with a light and dark blue sash as discussed earlier this year for the 2nd kit ( I refuse to say away kit)

  • @floyd said:
    As for away shirts, give me the green and white stripes from our first season in the FL, or the yellow Integrity Software shirt with the light and dark blue stripe down one side.

    Saw one of those yellow ones going for about Β£70 on Classic Football Shirts

  • As long as we never replicate this Swansea effort.

  • @floyd said:
    As long as we never replicate this Swansea effort.

    Ah, but didn't you hear, its turquoise and raspberry 🧐 Presumably the Welsh colours 'diluted'.

  • Given how light it looks in the sunshine I’m not sure it’s any better than the white home shirts.

  • @floyd said:
    Given how light it looks in the sunshine I’m not sure it’s any better than the white home shirts.

    The shadowing at Wembley is a bit if a nuisance. Good thing we won't be playing all/most of our Euros games there. Oh wait...

  • The Swansea kit looks like a particularly unappetising flavour of ice cream that adults are instinctively repulsed by but kids always go for.

  • @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    The Swansea kit looks like a particularly unappetising flavour of ice cream that adults are instinctively repulsed by but kids always go for.

    Yep... bubblegum flavour !!

  • @Malone said:
    Yeah the green and white away one was probably one of my favourites. Properly unique.

    A huge amount of the others have just felt massively generic.

    Barnet had "exactly" the same kit. Not what I'd call "properly unique"

  • One thing I would love to see is simply blue quartered t-shirts with no logo. Maybe I am missing them somewhere, but I have not seen any.

  • edited June 7

    @Shev said:
    One thing I would love to see is simply blue quartered t-shirts with no logo. Maybe I am missing them somewhere, but I have not seen any.

    I'm sure I've seen people wearing ones like that at games, but they look more like rugby shirts cause they have great big collars. Maybe something to suggest for the club shop?

  • @Shev I love that idea. It's a real understated statement.

Β«1
Sign In or Register to comment.