Skip to content

Luke O'Nien and Josh Scowen out of contract.

2»

Comments

• Josh has been released whilst LON has been offered a new deal, although he has yet to sign.

• Would rather get Chris Maguire than either of those two … a real talent

• I'd imagine all those released Sunderland players would be on stupid wages, though most of them will have to readjust their sights on that front now.

• Yep. Their wage will now be 0, so they certainly have to re-set.

• As a benchmark McGready was on 19k a week

• McGready or McGreedy?

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    As a benchmark McGready was on 19k a week

That was a remnant of the Premier league days wasn't it?
    No chance he gets re-signed on close to that in league one now he's out of contract.

• edited May 2021

@Malone said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    As a benchmark McGready was on 19k a week

That was a remnant of the Premier league days wasn't it?
    No chance he gets re-signed on close to that in league one now he's out of contract.

He was on massive money in the Prem, 90k p/w+ , his contact took him down in steps on each relegation and if he stays it will be on a fraction of even what he's on now. Scowen, O'Nien etc came after so shouldn't be on anything like that but previously we had struggled to get near other clubs wages. Big summer ahead in terms of signalling intent for us. I'm sure we'll be sensible and welcome that, but it may not be exciting. Who knows.
    ONein I'd have back as a priority all day but we won't be alone and I think he'll stay there on reduced terms. Scowen I was gutted to see leave but have not seen him play in so long it's difficult to know what we'd be getting.

• Not a lot of love for Scowan on the Sunderland fans forum but it’s not a comfortable read for any home player.

• Actually, going back to a question on another thread I was actually gutted when he left us, along with Paris.

I think if those two had stayed that year we would have got automatic promotion quite comfortably

• It’s not all about money.
    Having slummed it at The Stadium of Light these ex-players could be seduced by returning to “one of if not the best stadiums in the league”. I’m sure that, after enduring weekly social media bashing by the Macems, running out at AP secure in the knowledge that the fans are ordering beverages direct from their seats will prove a massive boost to the on-field performance?

• I’m practicing by text ordering snacks from my wife while I watch Tipping point.

• As someone who watches Can’tdown after delivering the afternoon snack to mrs micra I am shocked by your misogynistic behaviour @MorrisItal_ ! ??

• @micra said:
    As someone who watches Can’tdown after delivering the afternoon snack to mrs micra I am shocked by your misogynistic behaviour @MorrisItal_ ! ??

No need to worry about equality in our house @micra, i can’t print what the reply was and I certainly couldn’t do what she suggested without a painful trip to A&E