Skip to content

Odds for promotion

2»

Comments

• Skybet 11/4 about Wycombe top six after their opening 9/2 lmao

• How are we still only 20/1 to win the league?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    How are we still only 20/1 to win the league?

Because we are little Wycombe, and they think all the other clubs that have been higher up the league in the past will be again

• @HolmerBlue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    How are we still only 20/1 to win the league?

Because we are little Wycombe, and they think all the other clubs that have been higher up the league in the past will be again

Does that actually come into the bookies' thinking? Genuinely interested as to how they work these out. Not saying we should be favourites, but we're effectively being tipped for mid-table at the moment.

• I think a couple of people who know how betting odds work have explained all this before but pretty sure it boils down to the likes of Sunderland and Pompey attracting the most bets from their deluded/entitled army of fans so odds are shorter.

• I did see an interesting view/ idea on it the other day. The bigger clubs have more fans, so in reality more people to bet on their own team, the more bets that get put on said team the lower the odds, sort of makes sense ?

Anyway, I wouldn't moan about us being 20/1 infact I'd stick a few quid on it. The more off the radar we are the better I think, then we can sneak through and surprise everyone again

• edited May 2021

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    I think a couple of people who know how betting odds work have explained all this before but pretty sure it boils down to the likes of Sunderland and Pompey attracting the most bets from their deluded/entitled army of fans so odds are shorter.

That makes sense for those teams, although it's interesting that Rotherham are almost twice as fancied than us - I know they're the ultimate yo-yo club, but surely that's not that much of a predictor.

• Twice as fancied by us? Not guilty!

• edited May 2021

@micra said:
    Twice as fancied by us? Not guilty!

*as us! Not sure where that came from.