Comments

1. NorsQuarters
  • Swan Vestas

• Fuzzy Felt

• Howard Jones

• @arnos_grove said:
    Fuzzy Felt

Thanks @arnos_grove. I’ve just had a fascinating Wikipedia trawl on this

• Does James (I support West Ham) Corden count?

• Benjamin Disraeli

• Dusty Springfield. "From Loakes Park to Memphis".

• Matt Riley
    From the Xtraverts to Matt Bianco !!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Does James (I support West Ham) Corden count?

Heavens.....

• Tim Dingle

• I worked in Matt Bianco's house a few years ago and got speaking him and his brother, I'm fairly sure there the grandsons of a very prolific former chairboy.... the name I can't remember though.... I could be completely imagining this though... any ideas @ChasHarps?

• Not sure, but if I remember correctly Mark Reilly dad was either Sammy or his brother, whom I forget his name He was a decorator who hailed from Scotland.
    So if it's from that side of the family, we are looking at a Scotsman that was his grandfather that played for the Wanderers.

• Scottish sounding surname definitely.... I can't remember unfortunately

• Jock McCallum got plenty of goals !!

• Derek Sherwin, Doctor Who Producer who cast Jon Pertwee.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Jock McCallum got plenty of goals !!

That's the man!! I grow up in sands and going back 20-25 years he used to walk his Retriever round roundwood Park, he'd always stop and talk about football with us.... lovely old man

• Whenever we have to take our shoes off at an airport we should remember that the whole concept of 'liquid bombs in shoes' came from some lads in High Wycombe.

• Does Ian Dury count? He did at least go to school here.

• @bigred87 said:

@ChasHarps said:
    Jock McCallum got plenty of goals !!

That's the man!! I grow up in sands and going back 20-25 years he used to walk his Retriever round roundwood Park, he'd always stop and talk about football with us.... lovely old man

Jock McCullum scored an amazing 224 goals in 348 appearences for the Wanderers, between 1934 and 1951.
    What an interesting and quirky fact that Jock was the grandad of ex Xtraverts, Blue rondo a la Turk and Matt Bianco front man Matt Reilly.

• “Jock McCullum”‘s name was Jock McCallum.

The programme spelt it wrong and it seems he never bothered to get it corrected in all his 350 or so games for the club.

• Isa Guha. Doing incredible things in the world of sports broadcasting.

Matt Bianco and Howard Jones are right in my era though. Still remember Howard turning on the Christmas lights and his mime artist being our company courier for a while. Star struck.

• Howard Jones turned on the Xmas lights, whilst some eggs were hurled towards Ascot Ray Whitney.
    Jed who was Howard Jones mime artist, used to do the lights in the White Horse.