Skip to content

Other EFL matches to keep an eye on

We need Preston to at least avoid defeat against Derby later. It feels strange to rely on a team who looked so awful against us on three occasions, but there you are.

Other interesting EFL games for me today - Hull v Sunderland, where Hull can get promoted with a win and all but consign 'The World's Largest Tin Pot' to the playoffs.

Colchester v Southend in L2 also interests me. 'The Clash of the Tiny Tims'. Who will come out with Essex bragging rights (also known as being less likely to drop through the trap door). Nothing but a win will do for Southend, and a Colchester victory potentially ends realistic hope for both Southend and Grimsby.

Comments

• Hoping Headington get beaten in the play offs again!!

• So far:

Thank you Preston (1-0)
    Sunderland live on (0-1 at Hull)
    Colchester about to all but relegate Southend? (2-0)

• Be nice to to see Derby come down with us, can't stand Rooney

• PNL 1-0 up, Henry sent off for professional handball and now 2-1 down and out of the play off places.

• @bigred87 said:
    Be nice to to see Derby come down with us, can't stand Rooney

Don’t care about Rooney but love to see us play at Pride Park

• How are QPR 8th? Incredible.

• I believe Joey Barton's Rovers have been relegated. Goodnight Eileen.

It's a real pig if you're a Rovers fan!

• By my reckoning the four teams we've got left have nothing to play for:
    Bristol City. Cardiff and Middlesboro will all finish midtable, and Bournemouth only need one more win to be sure of a play off spot.

• So gutted we didn't beat Luton and Swansea.

• Sunderland twice threw away a lead against leaders Hull to effectively consign them to the play-offs, which should be good fun in L1

• If only we’d clung on against Luton and Swansea we’d be right in the mix now....bugger.