Skip to content

Where is Nick Freeman?

2»

Comments

• @aloysius said:

I suspect it was arranged just so that Rob Couhig could be in it.

I hope he quarantined for 10 days before coming in to Adams Park.

I suspect he didn’t have to, under the rules of the Test to Release scheme.

• Freeman has been out injured for a month.

• I don’t really understand why this debate has to boil down to a completely pointless Freeman vs Mehmeti type debate. Surely we can have more than one decent ball-playing attacking midfielder at our club?

As we look to develop our playing style a bit we may even find there’s room for both in the side.

• Freeman is a good player and won't be on big money, if he can't get in because we have better options then fair enough but I'd rather have him on the bench than Pattison or Blooms at the moment and it's not as if Horgan is producing much more.

• @Malone said:
    I think you have other options to Mehmeti like playing Wheeler or Horgan in there, or playing three hard working centre mids in there instead for certain games.

Depends who we sign as well.

The back 3 can be changed depending on the make-up of the opposition. The flaw of the Grimmer-JJ combo in the back 3 is that aerially you lose something.

No doubt we'll switch between 3 and 4 at the back anyway, so it'll all keep everyone (and us) guessing.

I was amazed at the quality of JJ’s defensive headers in the 1.5 games he played in a back three - Wheeleresque leaps. I think he deserves huge credit for how well he slotted into that position and with him not getting any younger, playing there could prolong his career a couple of years as there’s far less bombing up the wing.

• Totally agree @drcongo

• I wasn’t surprised by the quality of JJ’s heading. I recently commented about the number of powerful defensive headers he has been making this season. Totally agree that he could play on the left of a three or as the left sided central defender. Jordan Obita alongside in either case. When Ryan Tafazolli is fit, probably a different story.

• Freeman is back from injury and on Orient’s bench. The view from there may get quite familiar for the rest of the season....

• @DevC said:
    Freeman is back from injury and on Orient’s bench. The view from there may get quite familiar for the rest of the season....

If he fails to get back in the team, I suppose that would make him Dis-Oriented.

• @drcongo said:

@Malone said:
    I think you have other options to Mehmeti like playing Wheeler or Horgan in there, or playing three hard working centre mids in there instead for certain games.

Depends who we sign as well.

The back 3 can be changed depending on the make-up of the opposition. The flaw of the Grimmer-JJ combo in the back 3 is that aerially you lose something.

No doubt we'll switch between 3 and 4 at the back anyway, so it'll all keep everyone (and us) guessing.

I was amazed at the quality of JJ’s defensive headers in the 1.5 games he played in a back three - Wheeleresque leaps. I think he deserves huge credit for how well he slotted into that position and with him not getting any younger, playing there could prolong his career a couple of years as there’s far less bombing up the wing.

Some good headers, but also beaten quite a few times, and mentioned by Big Phil on the commentary.
    It was Stewart coming on that seemed to end that threat.

I'd like to see JJ play as long as possible, but if we play a strong aerial team we'll have to look at the height situation. Be that Tafa and Stewart also starting, having Wheeler in the X1 etc.

• Incidentally, Nick was invited to the photo shoot but was unable to take part as he was training with Orient. The photo shoot was held because we didn’t have one in pre-season due to limited time and signing new players.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Incidentally, Nick was invited to the photo shoot but was unable to take part as he was training with Orient. The photo shoot was held because we didn’t have one in pre-season due to limited time and signing new players.

Thanks for the insight - great to hear that Nick was back in training and I see he got some minutes for Orient today

• Seems like an odd time of year to do it but it's been an odd year, no doubt they will need the team shot for end of year sponsor bits and won't want to have missed one altogether.