Skip to content

Match day thread: Coventry

Comments

• We’ve tried this so many times this season and it never works. I think it’s time to ditch this and move back to 4-5-1.
    It looks really odd and no one seems to know what they’re meant to be doing. I just don’t get it

• Opel> @StrongestTeam said:

Not making a huge impact on the general gameplay but Uche and Taff look like handfuls at times and it's far from the worst we've played in recent months

Well not that far!

• Oh it is awful.

• Not sure how JJ didn’t get booked there.

• Coventry winning free kicks by piling in to tackles and throwing themselves to the ground. Defo been watching Barnsley.

• Missing Horgan today.

• Could be 4-0 if their number 9 could control a ball. Mehmeti is out there somewhere isn’t he?

• I’m enjoying the two for the price of one commentating

• Robins benching Godden and Walker and playing one up top as Coventry look a shadow of the team who turned us over last season and yet we are still struggling!

• Turning in to the sort of game where if you nick a point or win you'd be delighted. If it's like this and we still get whacked you might be re-evaluating how you spend your Saturdays.

• The co-commentator’s voice is lovely. I don’t know who she is. Did I hear “Alicia”?

• @Chris said:
    Missing Horgan today.

Agreed. Despite his crosses never finding anyone (not alone in that of course) he’s always a presence on the pitch.

• If he doesn’t want to sub anyone, I’d think about dropping Knight into centre back, playing three at the back. Then play Wheeler in the centre with Gape and Mehmeti into the middle. Muskwe and Uche upfront in a two.

• @micra said:
    The co-commentator’s voice is lovely. I don’t know who she is. Did I hear “Alicia”?

Alicia Povey. Does some media work for the club

• I’d be all for reverting to the recent lineup with wingers and Mehmeti central.

• Gape’s having another good game. Nice to see him back up to speed.

• @micra said:
    The co-commentator’s voice is lovely. I don’t know who she is. Did I hear “Alicia”?

Am sure you mentioned her by name last time she was on!

• @micra said:

Partridge moment ?

• Sadly I won’t be able to watch the second half. I hope the rest of you enjoy the free flowing goal fest that will inevitably ensue.

• @floyd said:
    Sadly I won’t be able to watch the second half. I hope the rest of you enjoy the free flowing goal fest that will inevitably ensue.

Surely Coventry won't score THAT many?

Have a good one mate!

• That was painful viewing! Really poor from us, we need to change something here, as we're just waiting for Coventry to eventually take one of their chances at the moment.

• Doesnt she play for the ladies team ?

• Good luck in your meeting @floyd - I hope it's more interesting than this match.

• @Malone said:

@micra said:

Am sure you mentioned her by name last time she was on!

Wouldn’t surprise me @Malone. I’m always more than usually dozy on Sundays.

• In more fun news, Peterborough and Sunderland are both looking increasingly likely to go up automatically.

Mind you, part of me would rather be in a different division than them.

• @floyd said:

@micra said:

Alicia Povey. Does some media work for the club

Also a striker for Wycombe Wanderers Ladies I think.

• I got really cross with the tv that half, as I seem increasingly wont to do. The lack of ambition in our tactics has me thus. No point having Mehmeti on the pitch if you only aspire to lump the ball over the midfield somewhere in the general direction of the penalty area.

I see as I type that Thompson coming on for....Wheeler. Let’s see if that makes a difference. It better - I know it’s not easy but this is needlessly thin gruel.

• Not watching today, couldn't see the whole game so didnt bother ... doesnt sound like I'm missing much

• You would have thought five subs would afford more opportunity to change something which is not working.

• I know we clearly aren't good so cant really play all out attack, but I struggle to understand why we have set up like this. Look unlikely to score, doesnt set up for next season, and bores everyone. What's the point?