Skip to content

Championship Points Totals to Aim For

2»

Comments

• Thanks @Shev. Understood. I’ll be happy to do the double over Rotherham, Bolton and, most of all, Peterborough in the Shevlane table.

• Never gonna beat “It Muskwe Love”, to be fair.

Did make me listen, somewhat randomly, to the lyrics of “In the Middle of the (K)night” for the first time in about 40 years, though...

• Would have loved to have had a crowd in the valley end adopt ‘in the middle we’ve got (K)night’ as a chant.

• I'm feeling the same about the Small Faces Uche Ik Park: "He's tall and beautiful".

• @our_frank said:
    I'm feeling the same about the Small Faces Uche Ik Park: "He's tall and beautiful".

Uche’s languide style comes across a bit more ‘Lazy Sunday Afternoon’ to me.

• Lazy sunny afternoon band

• Oh, flip! Really am going. Thought I was googling to check whether I am right in thinking Lazy Sunday Afternoon was the Kinks! You couldnae make it up! ?

• Sunny Afternoon was the Kinks young @micra
    I don't think the Taxman has taken all of Uche's dough yet.

• Ed Balls

• Let’s all be honest, when this thread appeared did you think we would be in joint 7th with 3 games to go!?

• Ashamed to admit it now, but there is a point I would have been happy with 30!

• Thanks @wwfcblue for doing this table. As we can all now see, we climbed above all those teams points totals - well done lads that is an achievement when you look at the clubs in there.

• 30 games to reach 20 points, 15 games to get the next 20. Some turnaround

• Some more 30/15 games split stats that I found interesting

We scored 18 in the first 30 and 18 in the last 15 so we’re scoring at twice the rate. A little unexpectedly there isn’t much difference in the average goals conceded, 47 (1.56) against 22 (1.46) despite the fact we’ve gone from 1 clean sheet ever 7.5 games to 1 every 2.1 games. (Stockdale came in 14 games ago)

• We're 8th in the form table over the last 10 games, with 17 from 30.

Derby are way out at the bottom, with 4 points from 30.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Sunny Afternoon was the Kinks young @micra
    I don't think the Taxman has taken all of Uche's dough yet.

I think we’ve covered this before but I believe @micra has combined two songs, Sunny afternoon by the Kinks and Lazy Sunday by the small Faces, both terrific bands of a long time ago

• @prufrock_91 said:
    We're 8th in the form table over the last 10 games, with 17 from 30.

Derby are way out at the bottom, with 4 points from 30.

1.76 ppg.

• edited May 2021

Another good point, @micra. There was that joke a few months back where we were needing 1.74pts til the end of the season, for safety. How close...