Skip to content

stock dale to stevenage

Emergency loan but slightly surprising given we have game tonight too.

Comments

• Makes sense if Rocky is to be number one, about which I have no complaint. The reserve will get almost zero game time and we have the young lad we signed at the start of the season to fill the bench. Gets a bit of salary off the books and the squad size down, which I believe may have been necessary.

• Don’t understand the emergency loan stipulation. Stevenage have an adult keeper on the bench.

• It’s not done based on age but on experience. Must have started five games to prevent an emergency loan.
    Have to admit I had forgotten Anderson was a GK. As an U21 player likely to be no2 GK next season? Bad news for Yates though.

• Bearing in mind Stockdale was a premier league player, and i can't remember if he got a cap, but was at least in an England squad, it is a bit disappointing he didn't come close to making a stake for the position.

Some horrific mistakes in his 2 or 3 games and that was that.

• @Malone said:
    Bearing in mind Stockdale was a premier league player, and i can't remember if he got a cap, but was at least in an England squad, it is a bit disappointing he didn't come close to making a stake for the position.

Might only have gone for a week or so, may benefit us if he does ok and comes back

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Malone said:
    Bearing in mind Stockdale was a premier league player, and i can't remember if he got a cap, but was at least in an England squad, it is a bit disappointing he didn't come close to making a stake for the position.

Might only have gone for a week or so, may benefit us if he does ok and comes back

Hope so.

I wonder what Stockdale thinks about his whole experience.
    Is he just happy being amongst it and being a pro footballer still? Surely he would still want to play every week?

Someone I think said he lives in Birmingham. Surely he can't be driving 200mile round trips every day just to train?

• Clean sheet last night