Skip to content

New contracts

2»

Comments

• My immediate thought on reading it, was Stewart or Grimmer, Stewart has been out for a while injured, so I'm putting my money on Grimmer

• @glasshalffull said:

@aloysius said:
    @StrongestTeam not sure it could, given that, "at best" they'll be playing Championship football next season and we'll be playing League One. Unless, of course, the club have told the player we won't stand in their way of a move in the summer if we get relegated; or their contract comes to an end at the end of season anyway.

Last time I checked the league table we had not been relegated.

Indeed, but given nobody would offer money for a player then give them a half a season contract, and given Rob Couhig said that the player would be making a lateral move "at best", I can only interpret that as not being a move that would possibly see the player playing at a higher level than Wycombe next season.

• So Bolton or Salford City then? I suspect Couhig wasn’t being that literal.

• Preston after Stewart to replace Ben Davies maybe?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Vincey said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Vincey said:
    Mehmeti would be my guess

You really are the outlyer again. In that spirit I think it was almost certainly Ryan Allsop

Stewart’s been injured for a couple of months otherwise I would have said him. My next guess would be Thompson but he’s also had a stop start season with injury.

Aside from that I’m struggling to think who else would have attracted interest.

Mehmeti being 20 and showing lots of promise and potential will undoubtedly have caught the eye.

Best with the best will in the world hardly vital to our success this season. I'm thinking Horgan or Gape?

Until you mentioned him, I was surprised no one thought Horgan.

He is an international after all, so by reputation alone, maybe someone thought they could poach him.

• @floyd said:
    When was the last time we were able to turn down a cash offer for a player? Would seem to explain the sudden absences during the window.

Who are you thinking with being absent?
    Bearing in mind we did have a covid outbreak too.

• Personally I would imagine anyone who has seen Uche play recently and has money to burn would think that he would be a decent acquisition. And worthy of a large fee.

Also surprised no one has mentioned Kashket. He’s proved capable at this level on a mis-firing team.

But I’d guess Curtis as the most likely

• I think it might be Allsop. It was notable that no announcement was made about him signing a new contract. You could see a lower level Championship club wanting him as a second choice keeper and offering a fee to bring him over for the last six months of his contract.

• Great save from Allsop

• Wrong thread

• @Malone said:

@floyd said:
    When was the last time we were able to turn down a cash offer for a player? Would seem to explain the sudden absences during the window.

Who are you thinking with being absent?
    Bearing in mind we did have a covid outbreak too.

I’d have thought Horgan and Gape would be two of the more likely candidates.

• Wrong thread @eric_plant but a generous comment.

• @micra said:
    Wrong thread @eric_plant but a generous comment.

Why is it generous?
    It was a superb save.

Even the biggest negatron couldn't deny that.

• "negatron"?

Are you 12?

• A welcome one-off from @eric_plant . He’ not Rocky’s biggest fan. Generous might not have been quite apposite.

• edited February 2021

@micra said:
    A welcome one-off from @eric_plant . He’ not Rocky’s biggest fan. Generous might not have been quite apposite.

I have him on hide, but I dare say the hidden post above is his usual aggressive style.
    I wonder how that plays out in real life.

• @Malone said:

@micra said:
    A welcome one-off from @eric_plant . He’ not Rocky’s biggest fan. Generous might not have been quite apposite.

I have him on hide, but I dare say the hidden post above is his usual aggressive style.

Someone can constantly question the ability of one of our players. Constantly being derogatory about them.
    Say one nice thing and they get credit for being generous. Give me a break.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Malone said:

@micra said:

Someone can constantly question the ability of one of our players. Constantly being derogatory about them.
    Say one nice thing and they get credit for being generous. Give me a break.

There's a guy on the fb page who constantly used to bang on about the 5 year plan, and why hadn't we achieved it, and he runs a business, and he wouldn't get away without hitting his 5 year plans etc.

We achieved it, and he's never once referenced that he was totally wrong.

So at least we had some sort of admission! Small mercies sometimes!

• Uche and Horgan could both command a fee at present

• Poor old Uche had to spend more time in our box than in theirs and the service to him, especially in the second half, was virtually non-existent.