Skip to content

Season Tickets

Comments

• I treated my daughter to a ticket (and she’s an adult!!!) in a fit of joy at about 11pm on July 13th 2020.

Didn’t think it through did I

• They can't be increasing prices if we go down.
    Not after a whopping increase, probably a division lower and a season where we've barely got near a game.
    That would be madness.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I treated my daughter to a ticket (and she’s an adult!!!) in a fit of joy at about 11pm on July 13th 2020.

Didn’t think it through did I

The euphoria and alcohol fuelled season ticket purchasers of July 13th need special recognition from the club if you ask me

• Sorry but I have paid for three season tickets. As such, given my income has been slashed to about 40% of what it once was, I will unlikely be able to say no to some of it. I also have to balance it out with the fact that I have seen more away games than I would have plus the less preferred access to home games. As such, I would take having to buy 1 season ticket and having the other 2 given back free. Not yet decided if I could tolerate a price increase should we be playing in L1 yet.

• Assuming we don’t get into anymore games this season, I think the club will have to offer a partial refund or at least credit towards next years ticket.

• I would be surprised if there was a price hike if we went down. That would be a little tone deaf to say the least.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I would be surprised if there was a price hike if we went down. That would be a little tone deaf to say the least.

Certainly would.
    The big decision the club should be thinking over, is can we justify almost £500 for league 1 (if it happens)

• I'd just be happy to take in in club credit to use on future purchases - tickets, merch, food etc, wanna get something for my money though I'm happy to donate something to the club too

• Slightly different circumstances obviously, but anyone remember what we did for last season’s ST holders?

Personally I think for a single ST holder we’ve been reasonably well looked after. Multi-ST holders in a household are a different matter, so I hope the club can be suitably imaginative

• I think it was pretty clear that if you purchased a ST, worst case scenario was that you received iFollow passes all season for home games and all Tuesday games.

That’s the ‘risk’ you accept in exchange for the possibility of being given priority admission in the event of a partial return to stadiums. I chose to accept that and it looks like it hasn’t worked out. I don’t regret it as it helps the club and I’d only have forked out for every iFollow game anyway.

By the same token, I accept some people weren’t willing to take that risk. But they can’t complain if they aren’t able to obtain a ticket if the final few games of the season have some capacity.

• @Keith_Allens_Wig said:
    I'd just be happy to take in in club credit to use on future purchases - tickets, merch, food etc, wanna get something for my money though I'm happy to donate something to the club too

This is a mindset I don't really understand. Surely the whole point of giving the club away to private ownership was so that we didn't have to live hand to mouth, relying on the charity of fans to see us through difficult periods. If they can't afford to keep us in the black - not least after an approx £9m windfall from this season - they shouldn't have taken control / passed the EFL fit and proper owners test.

If you want to help the club rather than receiving a refund yourself, surely the best way is to request a donation minus the cost of iFollow passes to the Trust. That way the money would get invested back in the club anyway but would also count to the Trust's obligations to raise funding to retain representation on the board. Given many people would have bought season tickets off the back of Rob Couhig's incorrect optimism that fans would see most matches, I'd say that's the least he should now offer those finding themselves short-changed.

• Quite so @aloysius. It's the Trust who need our financial support at the moment rather than the club itself.

• @floyd said:
    Quite so @aloysius. It's the Trust who need our financial support at the moment rather than the club itself.

Why do the Trust need financial support?

• @aloysius so pleased you've conducted a survey to confirm many season tickets were bought due to a statement from Rob Couhig. Just want to make sure I get included in the next sample and I'd encourage others to help this important knowledge base. I didn't know I felt short changed for example.

With that done I agree the Trust is more in need of our money and given they are on the hook for 25 percent of any investment money to them is worth more to our part ownership than money back to the club. Trouble is I didn't buy my season ticketfrom the Trust and I'm not sure the EFL ownership test included a section on a year long pandemic.

Will be interesting to see what comes out from the club on this.

• @peterparrotface said:

@floyd said:
    Quite so @aloysius. It's the Trust who need our financial support at the moment rather than the club itself.

Why do the Trust need financial support?

To ‘protect the quarter’ and maintain a 25% ownership of the club. Unless something changed and I’ve missed it.

• In theory that's correct, in practice if the Couhigs stick another million in it's not going to happen.

The Trust would be better off building up a fighting fund in the event that everything goes belly up and we/they have to take ownership again

• @eric_plant said:
    In theory that's correct, in practice if the Couhigs stick another million in it's not going to happen.

The Trust would be better off building up a fighting fund in the event that everything goes belly up and we/they have to take ownership again

100%

• The T&Cs at the time were that season ticket holders could get a pro rata refund for any matches which they couldn't go to because of partial or full stadium closure. So can't see how that can't be honoured? Even if people chose to waive the refund that surely has to be the policy.

Slightly complicated by the iFollow passes becoming a league wide policy but I seem to remember when that change that it was confirmed that a pro rata refund could still be claimed

• Were there any local discounts with this year's season ticket? I have looked on Offal and there is no mention of any at all.
    This would not be a reason to buy tickets but a nice bonus.
    I know previously Dreams, Dormeo, Frankie & Benny's etc gave discounts

• Various ways in which you can donate to the Trust to help its fundraising for when a cash call is made on them as minority shareholder

https://wycombewandererstrust.com/home-2020/donate-to-the-trust

• @aloysius said:

@Keith_Allens_Wig said:
    I'd just be happy to take in in club credit to use on future purchases - tickets, merch, food etc, wanna get something for my money though I'm happy to donate something to the club too

This is a mindset I don't really understand. Surely the whole point of giving the club away to private ownership was so that we didn't have to live hand to mouth, relying on the charity of fans to see us through difficult periods. If they can't afford to keep us in the black - not least after an approx £9m windfall from this season - they shouldn't have taken control / passed the EFL fit and proper owners test.

If you want to help the club rather than receiving a refund yourself, surely the best way is to request a donation minus the cost of iFollow passes to the Trust. That way the money would get invested back in the club anyway but would also count to the Trust's obligations to raise funding to retain representation on the board. Given many people would have bought season tickets off the back of Rob Couhig's incorrect optimism that fans would see most matches, I'd say that's the least he should now offer those finding themselves short-changed.

Good point, I wasn't going to buy a season ticket initially until Rob put the refund out there. Aside from the uncertainty with COVID and everything, midweek games are a bit of a bind and sometimes I might have other plans on a Saturday. So the reduced number of free tickets made paying on the day favourable.

However, Rob's promise along with fear of missing out made me make the purchase. I never foresaw things being as bad as they were and in hindsight, I'd not have bothered. So I'll see what the options are and make a donation to the trust, rather than the club if anything.

• Depends on where my money is going...

If it's going to the trust i'd happily let it be.

If it's going in the pockets of a Republican I'll be requesting a refund.

• Last year was a bit of a shambles unfortunately, the club announced you could get a refund or donate the unused portion, and almost as soon as many donated they announced large price rises, leading to some people asking for their money back, or at least having a moan.

On the wider point of wether we still need to donate / volunteer now we are in private hands I think it will still be needed and Rob and co have been up front about hoping to improve the place and the clubs fortunes in a sustained way as partners with the trust and fans rather than having tens of millions to throw in.

I can see why some will stay clear in fear of the Couhigs walking away with their money but I fear we need to accept that with volunteering and donating and fundraising and goodwill we had unsustainabley low spending power and a crumbling ground and we still lost c£400k a year most years.

I'd hope we can at least get the ground in good shape, maybe an academy of sorts and get a good few years in our current setup before the Couhigs look to move on and that we'd be in a better position than when they found us. I also see a scenario where we were at full borrowing capacity without the Couhigs and met Covid head on and that could have been a very difficult scenario.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Last year was a bit of a shambles unfortunately, the club announced you could get a refund or donate the unused portion, and almost as soon as many donated they announced large price rises, leading to some people asking for their money back, or at least having a moan.

On the wider point of wether we still need to donate / volunteer now we are in private hands I think it will still be needed and Rob and co have been up front about hoping to improve the place and the clubs fortunes in a sustained way as partners with the trust and fans rather than having tens of millions to throw in.

I can see why some will stay clear in fear of the Couhigs walking away with their money but I fear we need to accept that with volunteering and donating and fundraising and goodwill we had unsustainabley low spending power and a crumbling ground and we still lost c£400k a year most years.

I'd hope we can at least get the ground in good shape, maybe an academy of sorts and get a good few years in our current setup before the Couhigs look to move on and that we'd be in a better position than when they found us. I also see a scenario where we were at full borrowing capacity without the Couhigs and met Covid head on and that could have been a very difficult scenario.

For all the current moans about our on pitch performances, it doesn't take much consideration about how close we were to the abyss anyway, pre Couhigs.

Then add covid into that and we could very easily have gone.

• @bigred87 said:
    Depends on where my money is going...

So you condemn the man who rescued our club because you dislike his political beliefs?

• @glasshalffull said:

@bigred87 said:
    Depends on where my money is going...

So you condemn the man who rescued our club because you dislike his political beliefs?

Hitler was kind to dogs. What’s the point you think you’re making?

• What an utterly over the top and ridiculous comment. I was asking a question and it wasn’t directed at you.

• @glasshalffull said:
    What an utterly over the top and ridiculous comment. I was asking a question and it wasn’t directed at you.

You accused another poster of “condemning” someone for their politics despite them doing something good. My reply was a direct analogy. Not sure why that’s hard for you.

• Isn't it a law that the first mention of Hitler on a thread indicates it is time to close it?

• I did not make an accusation, I asked a question.
    Bringing Hitler into a simple question about a football club owner is absurd and you know it.