Skip to content

B Team vs Brentford B

The club have posted to say today’s game is available to watch via Brentford’s YouTube channel, hopefully we’ll see some possible new signings on the pitch. Kick off is at 2.

Comments

• Must have been a mix up somewhere, kick off is at 1. Hastily deleted tweet

• I’m looking forward to the game, should be good to see some fringe players get a run out!

• Stewart was the only player definitely not available last night but starts at lunchtime today, Taffazoli, Horgan etc presumably somewhere in the Bermuda triangle

• I presume Horgan and Taf are recovering from Covid?

• Well... Stewart deemed not fit enough to feature in a first team match against Premier League opposition but starts a B Team friendly today, Tafazolli and Horgan presumably still recovering from illness. Stewart starting is extremely good news.

• Is Adeniran still not fully fit ? I'm surprised hes just been stuck on the bench for the last month, he was a big part of the team when we started to turn our form around, and personally I'd have had him in the team instead of Blooms last night

• @YorkExile said:
    Well... Stewart deemed not fit enough to feature in a first team match against Premier League opposition but starts a B Team friendly today, Tafazolli and Horgan presumably still recovering from illness. Stewart starting is extremely good news.

Not sure if you are making a point here but surely Stewart is better off coming back in a low key friendly?

It still amazes me that some still hold the official injury news with any real stock at all.

• Clark is the development team left-back isn’t he? Looks like he’s in the right.

• @floyd said:
    Clark is the development team left-back isn’t he? Looks like he’s in the right.

There's a trialist lb

• Yes exactly. So Clark, the development LB must be playing at right back. Unless Phillips is.

• @floyd said:
    Yes exactly. So Clark, the development LB must be playing at right back. Unless Phillips is.

Clark is right footed but he can play at LB.

• Quite enjoying sneaking a look at this whilst pretending to work. Wycombe on top as I guess you'd expect with that starting XI. Pattison closest so far with a long range effort which was very well saved

• The number 40 at LB, has looked quite impressive, not the tallest, but quick and terrier like attributes. A bit like Danny Rose in his pomp.

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Quite enjoying sneaking a look at this whilst pretending to work. Wycombe on top as I guess you'd expect with that starting XI. Pattison closest so far with a long range effort which was very well saved

That was McCleary wasnt it ? Or my eyes must be going !

• I am only watching bits and pieces, so very possible that I've missed a few efforts. I thought it was Pattison who had a long range volleyed effort tipped over, but I could be wrong!

We've had quite a few chances in the bits I've seen, the latest being a shot from Samuel parried with Pattison missing the rebound and a Kashket header comfortably saved.

• I think it was Pattison!

• We’ve played quite well so far. Front two looking lively. Interesting to see Andre Burley playing as the holding midfielder. Looks quite good in that role so far.

• If it wasn’t for their goalkeeper having a decent game we’d be at least 2-0 up

• @TheatreOfChairs said:
    We’ve played quite well so far. Front two looking lively. Interesting to see Andre Burley playing as the holding midfielder. Looks quite good in that role so far.

Burley has been the standout player so far

• Enjoying this (like, as YouTube inform me, the other 170 watching on-line) pressure off, new players to spot. It’s all v pre season. Surprised can’t see Dobbo watching on?

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Enjoying this (like, as YouTube inform me, the other 170 watching on-line) pressure off, new players to spot. It’s all v pre season. Surprised can’t see Dobbo watching on?

He’s in the stand behind the dugout with Ainsworth

• Burley can play as a midfielder as well according to his page on the club's website. I myself watched a bit of the first half and I think we were quite good. Anyone been able to pick out who the Left Back is?

• @thedieharder said:
    Anyone been able to pick out who the Left Back is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheick_Keita ?

• Dennis has just hobbled off

• @JohnBoy said:

@thedieharder said:
    Anyone been able to pick out who the Left Back is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheick_Keita ?

Interestingly he is a friend of David Stockdale who were teammates at Birmingham City...

• Penalty Alex Pattison to take

• who came on to replace Adeniran - he had Parkers old number

• thought Burley played really well as did Phillips