Skip to content

Left Back

2»

Comments

• I don't think misspelling names is a sign of disrespect. Some people find spelling very difficult and that shouldn't ever exclude them from using sites such as this. They've probably endured enough prejudice over the years without fellow fans wading in.

(the only one that should ever be pointed out is Paul EmbleN, for tradition's sake)

• @micra said:
    Come on chaps/chapesses! It’s surely not that hard to respect a new player by getting his five letter surname right.

Respect comes in all sorts of ways. An understanding of how hard some people find spelling and grammar is one way.

• I still have to look up the spelling of Allsop, which I why I rarely post on the subject.

• I have always been a fan of Amari Bell and think he got corona but has not been a staple for Blackburn plus i think his contract is up this summer! pretty experienced and still got another gear i think...?

• I remember I think it was just over a year ago a post on here saying to go easy on people that make spelling mistakes, punctuation mistakes etc etc... lasted about a week ! Then the usual suspects chip in and ridicule at every opportunity

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I remember I think it was just over a year ago a post on here saying to go easy on people that make spelling mistakes, punctuation mistakes etc etc... lasted about a week ! Then the usual suspects chip in and ridicule at every opportunity

This isn't mocking people with genuine learning issues.
    This is about people not bothering to spell a player's name.

Massively different things.

• You can tell which is which then can you?

• If someone can’t look at a five letter name and write it.........

• Better get back to the ref-generated farce.

• As someone who has been a target for mockery and piss taking for decades, I despise it and would never resort to it.

• @micra said:
    If someone can’t look at a five letter name and write it.........

,,, then maybe you should have some understanding?

• So, are you saying @our_frank that it really is impossible for someone to do that and that it is such a challenge for them that I should have “some understanding”
    Have some understanding in that case of the difficulty I have in getting my head round it.

• @micra said:
    As someone who has been a target for mockery and piss taking for decades, I despise it and would never resort to it.

I agree Mocra

Oh....

• Battery 19% and mrs micra wondering when I’ll be starting to cook the evening meal!

• @micra said:
    Battery 19% and mrs micra wondering when I’ll be starting to cook the evening meal!

Tell her to pipe down, as you're busy on the interweb.

• In most people not spelling a players name correctly would be lazy. Some people though suffer conditions that make spelling even five letter words correctly an incredibly difficult task.

Micra is plainly a lovely guy - arguably one of the
    nicest people posting on this forum. While I think he has this one wrong, it is clearly through lack of awareness rather than maliciousness.

It doesn’t any more right to me to abuse Micra for lack of knowledge than it does Chas if his spelling error was caused by a condition.

Suggest virtual handshakes all round and move on.

• It was a white lie @Malone ! But the battery is well in the red and it’s me that’s hungry and just wants to escape.

• @micra said:
    It was a white lie @Malone ! But the battery is well in the red and it’s me that’s hungry and just wants to escape.

See you back on in a couple of hours when we've gone 2-3 emotions down the classic 7 stages of grief.

• Usually return around midnight - night owl that I am.

• @micra Yes. Because it's meat and drink to you doesn't mean it is for everybody else. People's minds work differently, as Dev says. Moreover, this a football message board and not a legal letter - it really doesn't matter that much, so long as people can get across what they mean.

• True. I really must go !!