Skip to content

Excellent article on GA

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9179737/Gareth-Ainsworth-Mustang-driving-wannabe-rockstar-Wycombe-relishing-taking-Jose-Mourinho.html?fbclid=IwAR2fTN8MA5ryRfzwhqd732AS55t2YTdhxT2BlWZ9Nf-fwZVV0eIbzuDjVmI

One bit that stopped me in my tracks though - "Ainsworth's Wycombe were known for playing attractive football in League Two and League One"

Interesting observation.

Comments

• At the risk of being shouted down, I have to say that I am slightly alarmed at the prospect of Bayo being in the starting line-up tomorrow. Perhaps I’m reading too much into the phrase (possibly ill -chosen) that he “...will be lining up”. 10-15 minute cameo towards the end of the game, perhaps, but surely not a place in the starting line-up.

• You’re not licking your lips at the idea of Bayo up against a 19 year old CB who has only seen action in the tackle free U23 league?

• There's also an interview with Pete Couhig in the Sunday Times. Only thing new in there (I think) was that after Yeovil and before Wycombe the Couhigs tried to buy Oxford.

• @micra said:
    At the risk of being shouted down, I have to say that I am slightly alarmed at the prospect of Bayo being in the starting line-up tomorrow. Perhaps I’m reading too much into the phrase (possibly ill -chosen) that he “...will be lining up”. 10-15 minute cameo towards the end of the game, perhaps, but surely not a place in the starting line-up.

Bayo is always the story for any media outlet before a big game of ours, whether he's playing 90 minutes or 30 seconds. I wouldn't read anything into that comment at all.

• Have to admit, I did wonder what Alan Swann would make of 'Wycombe were known for playing attractive football'. And sure enough, he's had his say on Twitter!

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Have to admit, I did wonder what Alan Swann would make of 'Wycombe were known for playing attractive football'. And sure enough, he's had his say on Twitter!

Pure salt.
    But he's to be laughed at/pitied like McDonut, rather than given any more airing.