Skip to content

Terrace sponsors

The Whites terrace?

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2021/january/wanderers-new-partnership-with-whites-beaconsfield-is-all-smiles/

A good deal, I'm sure, but slightly unfortunate name in this age of diversity.

Comments

• Slightly unfortunate ? seriously ?

• He's the type of guy that would ask a guy called John White to change his surname to risk offending anyone.

• It’s the name of the company for goodness sake, how could anyone feel offended by that?

• @Malone said:
    He's the type of guy that would ask a guy called John White to change his surname to risk offending anyone.

Where would that leave the late great Barry White?

• Or me, with that very surname? Mind you my wife has been trying for years to shed me! Still here though.

• Anyone know what's happened to the banner now the terrace is sponsored?

• Good lord, never realised we had so many gasroomers unable to spot a joke.

• edited January 2021

@drcongo said:
    Good lord, never realised we had so many gasroomers unable to spot a joke.

I hope every day for a world where humour was seen as just that and not a cause for offence

Trouble those good intentions have been hijacked by bullys, racists and generous odious people to cover their views as 'banter'. I hate that word.

• I find it amusing how often people just don’t get it and then pontificate themselves into an untenable position.

I do appreciate that people see humour differently (and frequently resort on here to signposting that what I am saying should not in any way be taken seriously*) but there does seem an increasing tendency (not just on here) to reach for the pitchforks these days.

*As a general rule of thumb unless I have included a swear word in the sentence my tongue is firmly in my cheek

• @drcongo said:

Can you be sure it was meant as a joke?

• @glasshalffull said:

@drcongo said:

Can you be sure it was meant as a joke?

And there is the death of alternative comedy right there.

• Having read many of his posts, I don’t see Doob fitting the description of alternative comedian, or is your post also meant to be alternative comedy? Oh for the days of Morecambe and Wise when comedy stood for funny jokes!

• @glasshalffull said:
    Having read many of his posts, I don’t see Doob fitting the description of alternative comedian, or is your post also meant to be alternative comedy? Oh for the days of Morecambe and Wise when comedy stood for funny jokes!

Just a general comment as your phrase 'can you be sure it was meant to be a joke' is used so often to attack alternative comedians.

• Haven't we already covered the nature of comedy at some point on the Gasroom?

• Repetition is the key to comedy.

• Repetition is the key to comedy.

• Be nice to @Doob. He suffers enough. He has the misfortune to sit next to me (well in the days when we used to go to football matches) and he certainly has (has to have to avoid clouting me) a sense of humour

• Sorry forgot to include a swear word in the above

• I hear there's an outdoor clothing store looking to sponsor a stand.....

• I've always thought The White Horse should sponsor the away end

• If LX had made the post the "banter" klaxon would have immediately been set off.

A poster who has made no funnies in his gasroom history? Less sure :)

• @LX1 said:
    I've always thought The White Horse should sponsor the away end

The White Horse Erection?

• Would add new meaning to the term 'away strip'.

• Anyone else remember a home game years ago where the White Horse dancers were out on Hillbottom Road handing out flyers to visit?

Or did I make that up?

• ... timing

• Knock knock.