Skip to content

Spurs game on BT Sports

13»

Comments

• Do you work for BT @Malone ? Doing a great job of selling its virtues in the last week or so. Hope you get some commission.

For me the argument of all the extra stuff is the same as buying a Pret sandwich and talking about getting a nice box and a lovely paper bag as well. All great but not really of any interest to me.

Happy to be called a grump if you want but think its a bit strong. It's simply a decision on whether £25 is an acceptable price to watch a Wycombe game on the internet. I'll probably make that decision later.

• Haha, just wanted to spread the good word, as it seems a great bargain right now.

For balance, in normal times I think it's insanely over priced, as they only get 1 premier league game a week if it's a month without Europe.

And I agree, £25 if you're only after 1 game is definitely way too much. Hence me suggesting just watching the updates instead.

• Personally it seems like £25 to see us play in the Fourth Round of the Cup for only the third time in our history seems like a great deal. If you don’t want or can’t afford to pay, that’s fine, but I don’t understand the need for discussion.

• Actually making the most of the months pass, I watched a fair bit of Barnsley v Norwich today. Not Norwich’s first team exactly but it was a good game and was really impressed with Barnsley. Made me feel quite a bit better about what was probably our worst performance of the last couple of months or so.

• Was disappointed that @oilysailor didn't correct James Richardson when he said it was the 2nd time Wycombe would play in the 4th round this week.

• Arsenal losing and Man United and Liverpool playing each other means there will only be three of the big six left when we beat Spurs.

• Strange days we live in. A quick check of insta informs me that we canceled training at late notice today, whereas Spurs are out there in the snow.

Hopefully it’s because Spurs are putting out a bunch of kids who’ll need to learn each others name.

• It's because they're scared of us.

• Last night I dreamed we scored a last minute equalizer for 2-2 from a corner. However, I woke up before we went to extra time. I thought everyone should be aware of this important information.

• I doubt whether Spurs will be playing too many U23 players. Can’t recall the source but I saw somewhere that the likes of Son and Sissoko are expected to play.
    I have enjoyed watching Spurs for decades. No particular reason although, since our daughter married a gooner 25 years ago, the affinity has increased!

• Tonight’s game has live commentary on BBC Radio 5.

• I don't think saying £25 is fine to watch us in the cup is a fair argument. Obviously live that would be pretty good value, but the experience of watching on TV is massively inferior to being there. (Except that you can keep warm and help yourself to beverages when required.)

I'd probably pay £50 to watch the game live from behind a pillar right now but I'm shirking at £25 to fund the football TV "industry".

• To be fair to ‘the football TV industry’ we’d have seen a lot less football over the last 10 months if it hadn’t been in place.

Plus the comparison is sadly irrelevant. You simply can’t be there, so if the TV is inferior to not watching the match at all, there’s always a free listen on 5 Live.

Best bet is to find someone on EE who has no interest in televised sport and get them to donate the three-month free BT Sport trial to you.

• What would we have done without televised football and cricket etc? Long may it continue.

• edited January 2021

I'm not against televised sport and accept there is a cost involved, it's just the industry and the prices they charge. All the time taking further revenue from advertising gambling etc.

TV is symptomatic of sport and football in general though I guess. It's a chicken and egg as to what drives it.

• @WildWestFC said:
    I don't think saying £25 is fine to watch us in the cup is a fair argument. Obviously live that would be pretty good value, but the experience of watching on TV is massively inferior to being there. (Except that you can keep warm and help yourself to beverages when required.)

I'd probably pay £50 to watch the game live from behind a pillar right now but I'm shirking at £25 to fund the football TV

Nobody is forcing you to watch it though. I personally would rather have the option to see the game, than not have the availability at all.

• Agree with @mooneyman and people keep saying it’s £25 for a game. It’s not. You get a month worth of sport from that. Including our 5th round tie if it’s gets televised there.

• How great was it to see McCarthy's goal against Wimbledon though? Felt things in my loins I've not felt for years

• edited February 2021

Three weeks on I've just remembered to cancel my one month rolling BT Sport pass. For anyone interested it only got used for our game.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Three weeks on I've just remembered to cancel my one month rolling BT Sport pass. For anyone interested it only got used for our game.

You could have offered it up to another fan who might have enjoyed the 20-25 other games on in the same month.

• edited February 2021

@Malone said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

You could have offered it up to another fan who might have enjoyed the 20-25 other games on in the same month.

Could of couldn’t I. Another black mark against my name. Sorry.

You’re not suggesting something illegal are you?

Not sure I could remember the log in details if I had to.

• edited February 2021

@Malone said:

Could of couldn’t I. Another black mark against my name. Sorry.

You’re not suggesting something illegal are you?

Not sure I could remember the log in details if I had to.

Bearing in mind in their own terms you can simultaneously watch on 2 screens, and nowhere does it say access is limited to the one person who buys the pass, I think giving access to one of your gasroom friends is just fine.

But we move on.