Skip to content

So what is the story behind the goalkeeper coach change?

Anyone got any inside information on this change?

Comments

• I'm wondering if David Stockdale might leave this window. He came to us to play matches and that's not happening, even in a cup when most teams at our level will give their 2nd keeper a run. Maybe he'd prefer to drop down a division to stand a better chance of playing.

In which case, we've got two other keepers who can sit on a bench. Bringing Harrison back might be part of the plan to get them Championship ready should either be required at short notice.

Just wild speculation of course, I doubt any of us know what's really happening.

• Possible Stockdale is not really looking for guaranteed first team football.

He is 35, sure some keepers play a lot longer but certainly in the twilight of his career.

He may be spending time at Wycombe for other reasons - coaching badges, learning off Ainsworth and Dobbo, maybe he has business interests outside of football and this is just a reliable form of income.

• Really odd how some club staff just vanish with no thanks. Happened to the kit man last season and now the goalie coach. Whilst I'm not expecting an explanation of what has happened a club thank you would be in order.

• If you mean Nathan Lugg, I seem to remember the club, and several players, wishing him well as he left to deal with health issues. He's now kit man at Aldershot, I think.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    If you mean Nathan Lugg, I seem to remember the club, and several players, wishing him well as he left to deal with health issues. He's now kit man at Aldershot, I think.

You are correct in both @MindlessDrugHoover

• Re Stockdale. He’s not hear to play just be part of something meaningful. He doesn’t need the money - have you seen his house and Roller! Close enough to Brum down the M40 to commute and there are few league clubs between here and there (and who would want to play lower league for the PNL anyway).

• Yes strange re Andy F. His LinkedIn still says he is our keeper coach. Never felt like he was close to Gaz and Dobbo in the dugout so perhaps his contract just came to an end and wasn’t renewed?

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Re Stockdale. He’s not hear to play just be part of something meaningful. He doesn’t need the money - have you seen his house and Roller! Close enough to Brum down the M40 to commute and there are few league clubs between here and there (and who would want to play lower league for the PNL anyway).

Surely there's a heck of a lot of clubs closer than 90-100miles away?!

• I can see Stockdale eventually moving into coaching/management, so who better to learn from than Gareth.

• Was the departing coach overheard telling Rocky to come off his line? He had to go. :smiley:

• I'd say Andy F has definitely gone. Removed from the directory on page 3 of the Spurs programme (he was there earlier in the season), and also the one on the official website.

• His LinkedIn now says that he’s the goalkeeping coach at Bolton Wanderers. Pretty sure he’s from the north west originally.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    I'd say Andy F has definitely gone. Removed from the directory on page 3 of the Spurs programme (he was there earlier in the season), and also the one on the official website.

@glasshalffull on another thread confirmed there was nothing untoward about his departure. Perhaps it was an 18 month contract that just came to an end and was not renewed? Would have been nice if the club could at least have acknowledged his contribution. Guess we will never know.

• Odd a contract term ending in the middle of a season?

• @mooneyman said:
    Odd a contract term ending in the middle of a season?

Agreed. Odd.
    He never seemed particularly’close’ to Gaz and Dobbo in the dugout.

• I read somewhere that he was contracted until 2023 so I suspect the change was for personal reasons. I can only imagine the lack of statement from the club was at his request.