Skip to content

New Striker?

2»

Comments

• I agree with @ChasHarps
    Mental to think we would turn our nose up at this opportunity, but we have good options in those positions. Would love it if we could bring him in and get the best out of him though.

• "If" is a huge word - but if he trained with us, and he looked even remotely capable of getting back to his top level, then he'd be a huge signing.

Not talking McCleary who used to be a premier league player, or Horgan who peaks out at this level - but an actual premier league level player, still only 25.

Probably dreamworld for it to pan out that way I suppose, but worth a risk free look at it.

• While there’s plenty of valid questions to be answered about Ibe’s temperament, my bigger concern is whether he’s actually any good or not. I honestly don’t know from what I’ve seen.

I’m not sure you’d find many Liverpool, Bournemouth or Derby fans who’d give him the thumbs up.

Sure he’s nippy, sure he can beat his man from time to time but can he really deliver a compelling 90 minute performance that makes the difference to his team getting three points or not?

Very happy to trust Gareth and Dobbo’s impeccable judgement on that one.

• Derby fans have only seen him for about 3 minutes! Even then they weren't in the stadium.

• He's not been released, just an internal investigation

• If we brought him in, I'd be delighted. That's not because I think he's a world beater, or I think his attitude is where it needs to be. But if Dobbo and GA believe that he is and it is, then I trust that judgement and he could be a huge signing. Would put it at about 10% to happen though.

• Do we really want a playboy in the squad turning up at the training ground in his Bentley (assuming he still has a licence after smashing it into a coffee shop and then doing a runner)? If his conduct can even upset Rooney that's surely a warning.

If Gareth does take a massive gamble I suppose Bayo might be able to keep him in check.

• @mooneyman said:
    Do we really want a playboy in the squad turning up at the training ground in his Bentley

You mean like Stockdale?

A Bentley is probably slightly down market compared to his Rolls. We’re really big time now! ??

The romantic in me would love to come back to where it started so he can “go again” and come back stronger.

But I echo comments earlier in the thread about if he should step away for a period of time and get his head right. But I would have 100% faith in Dobbo and Gaz helping him and succeeding if they took that option.

• Surely GA and Dobbo are less turnarounders of those with bad attitudes and more bringer inners of only those with good attitudes and them mould those good attitudes into a united team.

• @DevC said:
    Surely GA and Dobbo are less turnarounders of those with bad attitudes and more bringer inners of only those with good attitudes and them mould those good attitudes into a united team.

IF, and it is a bug if given no one reason knows all the details, a lot of Ibe’s issue stem from a mental health problems I wouldn’t be classing him as having a bad attitude.

That sort of archaic thinking is why the suicide rate in men is 6 times higher than in women.

• @TheDancingYak said:

@mooneyman said:
    Do we really want a playboy in the squad turning up at the training ground in his Bentley

You mean like Stockdale?

A Bentley is probably slightly down market compared to his Rolls. We’re really big time now! ??

The romantic in me would love to come back to where it started so he can “go again” and come back stronger.

But I echo comments earlier in the thread about if he should step away for a period of time and get his head right. But I would have 100% faith in Dobbo and Gaz helping him and succeeding if they took that option.

I think the story about the abuse he got for turning up on day one in this was from close quarters. He had to get a golf to tone it down a bit although some of the players used to ask him to bring the Bentley in so they could have a go.
    David Stockdale is a CLASS ACT. Sorry that was it. Just wanted to say it again for the record.

• Stockdale is probably a more responsible driver and at least has had a long and reasonably successful career @TheDancingYak.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@TheDancingYak said:

@mooneyman said:

You mean like Stockdale?

I think the story about the abuse he got for turning up on day one in this was from close quarters. He had to get a golf to tone it down a bit although some of the players used to ask him to bring the Bentley in so they could have a go.
    David Stockdale is a CLASS ACT. Sorry that was it. Just wanted to say it again for the record.

I don’t doubt that story for a second.

I also don’t doubt the same would be said to if Ibe if he were to return as a pre-requisite to the start of contract discussions.

My comment was with that story in mind, and knowing the management team they would lay the law down regarding their expectations, so him turning up in a Bentley and not being being called out on it - like Stocko was - is unlikely.

• @mooneyman said:
    Stockdale is probably a more responsible driver and at least has had a long and reasonably successful career @TheDancingYak.

Ibe has had an 8 year career in the premier league playing over 100 games with some of the best players the country has ever seen.

He’s driving a (very) posh VW not a a Ferrari Enzo.

• @TheDancingYak said:

@mooneyman said:
    Stockdale is probably a more responsible driver and at least has had a long and reasonably successful career @TheDancingYak.

Ibe has had an 8 year career in the premier league playing over 100 games with some of the best players the country has ever seen.

He’s driving a (very) posh VW not a a Ferrari Enzo.

I would hope he is not driving a VW at the moment, unless he successfully appealed his 16month driving ban!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-51719665