Skip to content

Charity Predictions - Barnsley (a) and Coventry (h)

13»

Comments

• @micra said:

@micra said:
    Ryan? Hope I haven’t lost the plot again!
    I’ll go Wycombe 2 (McCleary, Mehmeti). Coventry 2.

An age thing. Allsop hardly ever gets his first name in discussions about his performances and I could only think that @wwfcblue was doing a reverse @our_frank and referring to two of our legendary former players by their surnames. Only other Keith I can remember (here comes @ChasHarps!) was Keith Mead, back in the day when there were almost as many Keiths as there were Daves. Barrett was another one, come to think of it.

I was indeed referencing two of our current players and two of our former greats. The latter two scored the first two goals in our only win against Coventry back in the day.

• edited December 2020

@wwfcblue said:

@micra said:

@micra said:
    Ryan? Hope I haven’t lost the plot again!
    I’ll go Wycombe 2 (McCleary, Mehmeti). Coventry 2.

An age thing. Allsop hardly ever gets his first name in discussions about his performances and I could only think that @wwfcblue was doing a reverse @our_frank and referring to two of our legendary former players by their surnames. Only other Keith I can remember (here comes @ChasHarps!) was Keith Mead, back in the day when there were almost as many Keiths as there were Daves. Barrett was another one, come to think of it.

I was indeed referencing two of our current players and two of our former greats. The latter two scored the first two goals in our only win against Coventry back in the day.

Ha - there might have been a disputed goals panel! I twigged the former player references first, an age thing obviously, then twigged the Kashket prediction, so that was so nearly worth 5 points. I had in my mind to give the 'own goal' points for a genuine own goal as I had clocked Ryan as Ryan Taffazolli, a certainty for not playing and a smart piece of humour.

Please don't stop with the fun and if there is a risk of confusion I'll try to ask for clarity before the game.

• @micra, how could you forget Keith Seale, legendary combination with Bodger.
    Wasn't there a season they scored nearly 100 goals between them?

• How indeed @Twizz ! Especially as I was a fan of his in my Wealdstone supporting days. Steve Perrin, Bernie Bremer and Johnny Hutchinson were three other players who played for both clubs. I remember seeing Len Worley at Lower Mead but I think that must have been for Wycombe. Last time I spoke to him (four or five years ago) he was still playing tennis for Bucks Over 65s !