Skip to content

Man U or Marine?

Comments

• Chorley would be the most fun and presumably a prime TV game. Their fans are the ones replying to our tweet giving our ball number for the draw.
    It will be sad for fans of any non-league club drawn away from home or indeed any non league club in tier three who are drawn at home.

I agree with @MindlessDrugHoover when the thread was started - a TV game would be best. Perhaps two rounds of TV games in an ideal world, so to answer the question in the thread title - Manchester United and Marine for the 3rd and 4th rounds - in that order preferably..

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Do we really want a cup run this season? I know there are no replays, but the schedule is chock-a-block as it is.

Where's your romance son!

It could be a good way to get some of the fringe players somewhere near the pitch without worrying too much too!

• Normally I'd definitely say I'd want a good cup run, however just for this one season I think the league is more important, I'd take stying in the championship over the cup this year.

• But it’s not a choice is it? I want a cup run and I want to stay in the Championship. We don’t have to pick just one.

• Yes true, I probably didnt word it too well, I'd like both as well, but if it meant less games for the players, in turn less injuries and we had to choose, I'd prefer to keep them fit for the league and stay in the championship

• We only need one win and we equal our second best cup run anyway. And depending on the draw we’ve got plenty of fringe players who can step in.

• Is there a £20m parachute payment for clubs relegated from the championship?

• edited November 2020

Someone from a different tier that we can beat at home please!

• @Shev said:
    There is rarely a true giant killing any more. Wrexham-Arsenal was the real thing, but you don't really see full strength big clubs in the 3rd round any longer.

How can anyone forget the Ronny Radford belter winner on a quagmire of a pitch for Hereford?

• Marine v Spurs is a fantastic tie

• Preston...oh well we'll get an idea of our chances of progress pretty soon.

• @Shev said:
    It is going to be a boring tie at a club at our level, I think. Preston again, or someone like Bristol City.

Good call

• @Shev said:
    It is going to be a boring tie at a club at our level, I think. Preston again, or someone like Bristol City.

My apologies.

• You need to learn to use your powers for good @shev.

• At least it's at home.

• Because that worked last time!

• Happy with that draw. Really pleased for all the non league sides getting home draws. Hope they all get on the TV too.
    What happens in the FA Cup in terms of watching remotely?

• Did they forget to include Peterborough !!!!! Oh no; I suppose we can expect another few months of aggravation due to that oversight.

• Is FA Cup allowed with fans if in a Tier 2 area?

• Doh someone in the same division. Always the most tedious draw.

• I tweeted Anal Swann asking what ball number posh are. He didn’t answer.

• Hell of a tie for Marine - and they can have fans as they're tier 2.

• I suspect we'll be on iPlayer as all the non-televised ties in the first two rounds have been.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Because that worked last time!

Nurse, nurse, make sure he hasn't got access to his medication please. Alert suicide watch while you're at it!
    How many years ago was that, are the teams still the same? Cheer up, fans allowed back into the stadiums, reason to be cheerful part 1.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:

Nurse, nurse, make sure he hasn't got access to his medication please. Alert suicide watch while you're at it!
    How many years ago was that, are the teams still the same? Cheer up, fans allowed back into the stadiums, reason to be cheerful part 1.

Try being a bit less of a dick, mate.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

FFS, when did you have your sense of humour bypass? Cheer up you miserable old git, there is hope for the future.

• Uninspiring tie, but really pleased we're at home. Could've been much worse and to be honest it would've been bittersweet to say the least to get a plum away match in a near empty stadium.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

FFS, when did you have your sense of humour bypass? Cheer up you miserable old git, there is hope for the future.

Says the person who spectacularly missed the lighthearted nature of my original reply.

Anyway, moving on. Hopefully Horgan will be on target again for this one.

• Says the person who spectacularly missed the lighthearted nature of my original reply.

Anyway, moving on. Hopefully Horgan will be on target again for this one.

If you are being light hearted try not to accuse someone of being a dick please. It can cause irritation & be taken the wrong way!
    As you say, moving on let's hope Horgan scores the winner.

• I really struggle with comprehending the “we don’t really want a cup run this year, do we” type thinking.

Football as a supporter is, or should be, all about dreams. Some of us will go into the cup game against Preston dreaming of a trip to Wembley. Most of us will go into the league game against Preston dreaming of 3 points. I know which dream I prefer.

Yes, you can argue that it’s ridiculous and fanciful to have those sort of dreams, but ask the likes of Martin O’Neill, with his “silly little dream” and read J F Cumming’s ‘Small Town Dreams’.

And ask the 10 year old me what my dreams for my football club were. Pretty sure I didn’t have the imagination to see us playing in Division 2 (AKA the Championship), or reaching the semi-finals of the League and FA Cups.