Skip to content

I hope this is just a wind up...

to piss off old stick-in-the-muds like me

Whenever I see the photo of the Holte End with everyone holding up the cards up I feel immense pride. If that had 'Bartercard' or some similar crap on it, christ knows the revulsion that would make me feel.

Comments

• I think this means it will have the company name on the back and will be seen by fans picking up the card but not by masses as part of the display.

• edited May 2015

I initially thought that, though the post on the facebook group was accompanied by this hideous photo (photoshopped or otherwise):

• @Midlander said:
    I think this means it will have the company name on the back and will be seen by fans picking up the card but not by masses as part of the display.

that's how I read it, the club understandably want to offset the production costs

• Then why the accompanying photo of a logo incorporated into a display?

• I really hope you're wrong @ReadingMarginalista but that's how I read it as well. If it's on the back why mention the fact the game will be on tv etc?

Also, since this is the Gasroom, am I the only one perturbed by the grammar in that Facebook post?

• BSEBSE
    edited May 2015

I wouldn't worry to much @ReadingMarginalista on twitter one fan post this

Matt Chandler ‏@Mattchandler122 · 10h10 hours ago
    @BeechdeanAH @wwfcofficial can we set something like this up at Wembley? Turn it blue! pic.twitter.com/wvCsselfus
    Embedded image permalink

And Mr Howard replyed with

@Mattchandler122 @wwfcofficial working on it

— Andrew Howard (@BeechdeanAH) May 15, 2015

Plus Corina Francis who job is apparently Sponsorship & Commercial said :

@CorinaDolceVita @BeechdeanAH @Mattchandler122 @wwfcofficial your wish is my command

p.s sorry for the long post and I seem to have made a mess of the links here!

• How about a massive image of an ice c ream con on the other side

• I saw what Andrew Howard posted yesterday afternoon and I got the impression that something similar to the Villa Park display was in the pipeline.
    I genuinely hope I'm overreacting and got the wrong end of the stick!

• edited May 2015

@StrongestTeam wrote at 12:20pm
    Anyone know if that "Wyvombe till i die" banner still exists?

I believe @LX1 will have the answer to that? Frank Adams 100% Soul Owner, We are the Old Bucks Boys and possibly other new specials will be making their way to Wembley as well.

• Yes it still exists. Not sure it will go anywhere at Wembley. Suggestions welcome..

• r

Where was The Old Bucks Boys banner on Thursday?

• Will @LeeHagger's Lambert Out banner be getting an airing? Or was that someone else?

• Will hagger even go? Joke supporter

• Get baker to make a special banner saying ostrich!

• @johnkerrsdivingheade r wrote:
    Where was The Old Bucks Boys banner on Thursday?

When Murdoch's minions have all their gear set up, they apparently won't allow the banner to be hung from the gantry.

• Might have to dig out my Wembley '91 flag.

• @floyd said:
    I really hope you're wrong ReadingMarginalista but that's how I read it as well. If it's on the back why mention the fact the game will be on tv etc?

Also, since this is the Gasroom, am I the only one perturbed by the grammar in that Facebook post?

You should read the emails she sends out. I have had a few they are appalling grammatically and in terms of spelling. Content wasn't up to much either.

• My worry about doing something like this is if we don't sell close to our 20k allocation. Any picture or pattern will look ridiculous as there will be gaps all over it due to the number of blocks that people can buy seats in. Looking at the stadium plan on the Ticketmaster website it looks like the central blocks at the east end and the ones down the south side near the middle of the pitch will be pretty much full, but we could find the corners are a bit sparsely populated.

• Surely at 1500 quid we'd be better off just printing a flyer on every seat encouraging people to get a season ticket. Even if it only convinces about 10 people we'd make more!

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    When Murdoch's minions have all their gear set up, they apparently won't allow the banner to be hung from the gantry.

Thanks for the reply. I should have guessed it was something to do with that. As long as the banner is safe and well!

• @LX1 wrote
    Yes it still exists. Not sure it will go anywhere at Wembley. Suggestions welcome..

I've not been to Wembley so I don't know the practicalities, from this photo the best places to hang banners will either be off the middle tier balcony, the front or the wall in front of row 31 on the lower tier.

• Banners are brilliant and I look forward to seeing them on Saturday. As for the 1500 quid sponsorship cards, that sounds like the business carde price! Having supporters help bring in advertising revenue sits ok with me in theory as long as the payment is consumate with the publicity and that the fans doing the job of holding the cards up don't feel like they're selling out. As long as its not loans.co. ukip, how much is it worth, being seen by those tv millions!?

• Let's hope the fans don't spend the whole game making cardboard planes.

• Just because yours fly like a leaf in a slight breeze.

• Was thinking of you when I posted that. You could have a field day on Saturday. Just be careful not to take Lynch's eye out.

• @Watford_Blue said:
    Was thinking of you when I posted that. You could have a field day on Saturday. Just be careful not to take Lynch's eye out.

Block r in the Woodlands stand are pretty good with their paper planes I hear!

• Shucks you noticed.

• lol..I am one of them!