Skip to content

It would be great if.....

.....some of the 'glory' fans would come to the normal league games, it would make a great to get a few more regular supporters. What does anyone else think?

Got our tickets already, can't wait!

Comments

• Ouch, my side's are hurting so much.......that'll be 5000 more than Sarfend!

• Indeed, wanderers will sell out the allocation, you'll see. Wembley is only up the road.

• A thing called work and family perchance!

• Especially if we can nick a few more Man United fans not happy with fourth place you mean?

• It's up to the club and fans to entice them in...

• I think the club have done what they can this season. A lot of it is ultimately down to the fans. We're bringing a Welshman to his first Wycombe match at Wembley.

• I'm bringing my six year old daughter. If a trip to Wembley doesn't convert her I'll give up.

• I would think we will sell 20,000 but I think Southend will sell more.

• I'm rounding up the troops, seven extra joining my son and me at the moment for Saturday, all have been to Wycombe before, but only very occasionally. Bring them all along and if only 10% get caught and start attending regularly we will have done our job,

• Get a couple of banners in the town centre

• we generally have 3 of us that go..our group for Saturday is 14..

• edited May 2015

Usually 3, 4, but sat 18 of us. Bring it on!

• Will be bringing seven occasionals along

• I'm bringing 7 extras and just as with the last grand day out for the town up to villa park I'd expect this day trip to recruit a few new bods after, it does go to show that those who've not been don't know what to expect as there are several people i know who are gooners or the usual other London Prem clubs who watched the game on Sky and sent texts during it along the lines of not only was that brilliant but I never mentioned they could play!

• I've got an extra half a dozen coming. One who has attended three matches this season and is now making noises about becoming a ST Holder. Fingers crossed!

• Extra 7 coming so far

• We are bringing 5 non regulars

• 4 non regulars with us who I doubt will be signing up for the season (Spurs and Watford) but are regularly coming along having seen something in our little band of Heroes and our inspirational manager

• We have 16 as opposed to the usual 4 that started the season and the 8 that ended it.

I don't like to hear too much nonsense about glory hunters as we all had to start somewhere. A lot of our crowd (except the youngsters) came from the O'Neill era, so you could argue that most WWFC supporters were originally glory hunters (although that's been paid back in full for a good few years).

Personally, I was enticed by the glory of playing in the Gola league, which we were promptly relegated from. No doubt some isthmian old timers would have been grumbling about glory hunters then, but I've made it to 30 years of support now.

• I am a Martin O'Neill glory hunter from 1990 but as you say, paid back in full now. What fun we have had since though.

• Brian Lee glory hunter, me. Famous FA Cup run did it

• Not sure if I classed as a glory hunter or not.

Was a Man U member when they were crap in the late 80's, winning nothing. When the Stretford end when to seating, the atmosphere was crap, so looked elsewhere, started going to watch Aylesbury United as back living with parents, and then finally got hooked by Sir MoN, in the last year of conference football and have been coming ever since.

There was actually four of us, teenage "glory hunters", that year. Two of us stil attend regularly, one of them hasn't been since promotion from the conference, texted him Friday, and he is brining his son next Saturday. If we can put on a performance Saturday like we have done the rest of the season, I can't see why we will not attract a new wave of glory hunters.

• I would love to go more regularly if it were not for work. I have my ticket for wembley though but not the day off... I cant miss it.

• Out of interest, how many people do you think are put off by the poor access to and from the ground? Serious question. Something that needs to be addressed for sure, just wondering if people think it has an effect on attendances (albeit maybe a small one).

• I went by car and parked in AP for the first time Thursday, I usually prefer the walk up to the ground as part of the build-up. Waiting for over an hour to get out is annoying and spoke to people on Friday who said it does put them off, particularly those with younger children to entertain in the wait.

If only Dashwood cared enough about his family's town to give/sell us the land for the second road!

• @Gary getting out on Thursday was certainly very difficult.

• I managed to be on the road by 10.30 thankfully. Was home by 11.30 and up for work three hours later. This does put me off going to evening games for sure. Its something the club might one day need to look at.

• same here JohnnyAllAlone:: Chelmsford /Bournmouth /Middlesbrough 73/74 cup run. There will always be 'glory hunters' 5,001 @ the Bournmouth game (always like to think I was the 1) then 12,000 @ the Middlesbrough game, no problem getting out of the car park at Loakes Park though (everyone walked)

• Yes, you could be in the pub in the High St at 2.45pm on a Saturday and still make a last minute decision to go and watch the game at Loakes Park. Nowadays it needs planning.

• I never have been put off by access, when my son was young we used to get the bus from Cressex, which always worked well. Now park in a side street and walk. For big games a little tricky, but not very often we have 8000 at Adams Park. Incidentaly due to horrendous traffic on Thursday on M25, parked up in side street at 7:35, and still only missed the first 3 minutes