Skip to content

Fans in Stadiums

2»

Comments

• Once the excellent programme of (NHS organised) vaccination has reached the 50+s (and they seem to be cracking on) they will assume the most vulnerable have largely been done and start relaxing some of the rules I think. What these will mean for stadia I am not sure. Then we can start worrying about the post Brexit economic effect on season ticket prices.

• @Forest_Blue said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Forest_Blue said:
    Very cautious Boris...led by Sage scientists who are all on full pay

Weird post. He's been a shambles throughout. Cronyism, Dithering and delay. And why would we not want our scientists on full pay?

The thread is titled ‘fans in stadiums’. I believe that Boris being cautious throughout (especially after his own hospitalization) and sage scientists on full pay (while working at home) are two factors that mean this government will not rush to reopen stadia.

All Public sector workers are all on full pay (no furlough) and many have been working from home for a year. I believe that these people are less affected by the lockdowns and that this affects the opinion polls where so many seem to favour continued lock downs. These are killing the economy, affecting mental health, adding to non-COVID deaths and hurting our young people and children massively.

Finally Boris is led by opinion polls and the advisers mentioned above. There is nothing Churchillian about him.

Do you disagree?

I don't believe he's been overly cautious or particularly followed the sage guidance. There's a lot more he could have done early on and by trying to appease people who don't want any sacrifice he has let the crisis explode and made it worse all round for everyone. I believe the actual experts base their reporting on scientific evidence and that isn't based at all on wether they are at home. I don't believe Johnson is listening to them.
    I also believe he's a useless twonk, I believe he always has been one, I believe all evidence showed he was likely to be one as PM. I believe he's performed below very low expectations.

• I was thinking the other day that someone posting that it was more important for Bayo to get a goal in the Championship than for us to stay up was probably the most ridiculous thing I'd read on the Gasroom for a while. The idea that SAGE scientists are keeping us in lockdown too long because they're on full pay trumps it though.

And just to save half a dozen of you typing it, yes I'm aware that posting this sets me up for 'it's not as ridiculous as you saying Dobbo was running the show at Birmingham'-style replies.

• @aloysius said:
    I was thinking the other day that someone posting that it was more important for Bayo to get a goal in the Championship than for us to stay up was probably the most ridiculous thing I'd read on the Gasroom for a while. The idea that SAGE scientists are keeping us in lockdown too long because they're on full pay trumps it though.

And just to save half a dozen of you typing it, yes I'm aware that posting this sets me up for 'it's not as ridiculous as you saying Dobbo was running the show at Birmingham'-style replies.

Lold at the last bit. You'd be a little further down the list but not at the top.

I'd love to see Bayo score in this tier, but surely no-one said what you allude to above?!

• @Malone, in the Rob Couhig letter thread:

@Manboobs said:
    I’m sure Gaz would love to see Bayo or Blooms score in the Championship and so would I. Some might say that is more important than winning or staying up. Rob would disagree.

• edited February 2021

@aloysius said:
    @Malone, in the Rob Couhig letter thread:

@Manboobs said:
    I’m sure Gaz would love to see Bayo or Blooms score in the Championship and so would I. Some might say that is more important than winning or staying up. Rob would disagree.

Not quite saying they would say it personally. Saying others may. Which I don't believe.

• @aloysius said:
    @Malone, in the Rob Couhig letter thread:

@Manboobs said:

I said he’d love to see them score and so would I. I suggested some might see that as more important. I wouldn’t, I don’t think Gaz would either.

I do think there is some learning here for Gaz and the team though. Post Torquay Gaz moved from one of the lads to the Gaffer, which he needed to do. The next step is being willing to make tough decisions with loyal players who have worked their arse off for the club. I’m sure Gaz can do this but we know he cares deeply about his squad. Probably more so than Rob. I think that’s a good thing in the main but can pose a problem. I also think the Generals were slightly over-hyped. Gaz is the general, he can have senior players but senior players have to know they can and will be replaced. If they wish to develop non-playing roles and they merit them and the club needs them -fine. If not, it has to be thank you and good bye. Tiny budgets leave no room for sentiment.

So to expand on my point, I’d love to see Bayo and Blooms score in the championship but only if they are outplaying everyone else in their positions to get into the lineup.

• Blooms has scored in the Championship though, so that wish is already ticked off!

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Blooms has scored in the Championship though, so that wish is already ticked off!

True enough