Skip to content

Same club 3 (or more) away grounds

2»

Comments

• I want to say Dagenham & Redbridge, simply because of the history behind Redbridge (merger between Ilord, Leytonstone, and Walthamstow Avenue) but I know that technically they aren't all the same club.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    @ChasHarps make that five for Slough then.

We also played Slough United, the merged team of Slough FC and Slogh Centre a number of times at the Centre Stadium in Belfast Ave.
    And after they split we played Slough Centre their in 1947/48.
    So that 7 !!

• @ChasHarps said:
    We have actually played Bristol Rovers at 4 different grounds. We played Eastville Rovers (rovers former name) in a friendly at the Rudgeway in the Fishponds area of the city in 1896, the season before they moved to Eastville.

This is a wonderful bit of Chairfolk minutiae. More where this came from please. Love Staines Lagonda as well?

• What worries me is that I’m not entirely convinced that @ChasHarps wasn't there to watch the game at the Rudgeway

• @bookertease said:
    What worries me is that I’m not entirely convinced that @ChasHarps wasn't there to watch the game at the Rudgeway

Had to work that day unfortunately, but I was at Eastville in 1982, How Mark Hill missed that sitter !!

• @ChasHarps said:

@bookertease said:
    What worries me is that I’m not entirely convinced that @ChasHarps wasn't there to watch the game at the Rudgeway

Had to work that day unfortunately, but I was at Eastville in 1982, How Mark Hill missed that sitter !!

That along with Alan Philips header v Middlesbrough two of the misses I remember most vividly. (not counting DDH at stade de tres)

• The late great Kevin Durham's excruciating miss at Hyde Utd on the plastic pitch, was another one I would add to the list.
    I thought our name was on the Trophy that year !!

• @ChasHarps said:
    The late great Kevin Durham's excruciating miss at Hyde Utd on the plastic pitch, was another one I would add to the list.
    I thought our name was on the Trophy that year !!

Agree totally. Never thought we would or could lose to Hyde United. We were playing so well but that pitch was horrible.