Skip to content

Sheffield Wednesday to have points deduction reduced to 6

Comments

• Good job we did beat them on Saturday then if they've been given a massive let off like that.

• Frig sake. That put us bottom unless we win tonight!

• In related news, the goalposts at Hillsborough are being moved 6 yards nearer to the penalty spot...

• Confirmed on Chairboys live. It is what it is etc...let's stay up on merit

• What a surprise. Referee decisions disallowed goals and now this. All the more reasons to get stuck in. COYB

• I agree that we can stay up regardless, but kind of precedent does this set?

• Well I had to do something because we’ve started to pick up points and there was a danger that we might get out of the bottom three. Rubbish referee decisions now this someone up there doesn’t like us

• What basis was it reduced on? What would have happened if they had got the penalty last year like Wigan and been relegated?
    Good for Sheffield Wednesday and no real problem for us either.
    Would just be nice to know the penalties and retractions are based on something other than clever lawyering.

• Can we have the point we should have had against Millwall the point we should’ve had against Norwich and the two extra points we should’ve had against Watford.

• Bigger the owner’s bank balance the bigger the bottle job by the FA. Which explains why Derby’s case has still not been sorted.

• This is bullshit and throws the sport into further disrepute.

• Thank God for the Couhigs.

• Alll those financial shenanigans...and we just beat them!

• Watching that interview, if I was a Wednesday fan, the more times he says "don't worry", the more worried I would become!! Can you imagine Rob Couhig not knowing any of the figures of how much he has a) put into the club & b) not knowing the rent payments to date! Anyone else get the feeling that this is going to end in tears?

• edited November 2020

@EwanHoosaami said:
    Watching that interview, if I was a Wednesday fan, the more times he says "don't worry", the more worried I would become!! Can you imagine Rob Couhig not knowing any of the figures of how much he has a) put into the club & b) not knowing the rent payments to date! Anyone else get the feeling that this is going to end in tears?

I doubt Rob would give figures in the same scenario but you can be sure he'd know them. The "Don't worry, it's my money" stuff is pure Hayes.
    Incidentally he's absolutely confirming the ground purchase isn't real and is a workaround for Ffp, and somehow the punishment is only the points for two games.

• "we just do that to make the financial statements look better" is the bit that should send a shiver up the spines of Wednesday fans.

• It all seemed a bit of a joke to Mr Chansiri.

• My favourite Chansiri FFP ruse is taking sponsorship money from taxi firm ‘D Taxis’.

Don’t try and book with them if you’re in Sheffield though, as they don’t have any taxis. Perhaps Chris Grayling is a director?

• The EFL sure knows how to send a strong message deterring corruption.

"We are really focused more on disallowing goals direct from corners, but if we happen to miss you cheating as a result, we'll make sure you get half of your points back."

• "The clubs who come up to this league and don't spend any money go straight back down. You need to spend to survive and have a chance to go up."

This makes me want us to stay up even more (if possible).

• That geezer is so casual on that clip, it's as if he's addressing his mate 1-2-1 in a pub.
    Dodgy beyond belief.

And if they're losing as much as he quoted surely they'll quickly be revisiting points deductions in the near future.

• Before the end of the season would be good (though not needed for us as we ease into twelfth place).