I'm taping it so I hope so.

• @Wendoverman said:

@Stewie63 said:
    Is tomorrow nights game on Sky TV ?

I'm taping it so I hope so.

Have you got the video plus code? ;)

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Username said:
    We could lose all 46 games this season and he wouldn't get the sack.

Can't work out the tone in your post. Is that a good or bad thing?

After all based on your previous moans Ainsworth has achieved the following:-

We look like scoring
    We have midfielders looking ok at this level
    We are competitive

No real tone, just that this season is entirely a free hit for every reason: team budget, manager credit in the bank, lack of spending and the pressure that comes with that and Covid (If covid makes it less likely teams and to rock the boat/ spend money on sacking a manager).

We're still a long way from being competitive in this league, looking like we might scrape the odd draw isn't competitive, and bizarrely that's not meant as a slight on GA or even the players, I think we played pretty well at Norwich and GA is getting as much as he can from the players, we're just completely outgunned.

• It was a near heroic shutout display I thought, especially that first 10minutes, where it could easily have been Blackburn-esque.

Yet I read a few people suggesting we'd "matched them", despite having 22% or so possession and every clearance and tackle in that last 10mins feeling almost cup tie esque shuttoutery. A few gentle chips into the box from Horgan didn't mean we were much of a threat.
    Norwich weren't anywhere near top form either.

The good news is Norwich away will definitely be one of the toughest games.

I just hope we play to our latest hardy level versus some of the other lower teams.And that we can work out a system to maximise what we do have in the front players.

• edited October 2020

You don't have to have equal possession to match a team - Norwich will do that to most teams. We had higher quality chances than them and looked threatening enough going forward. I'd say we're more or less competitive now - and there's more to come.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    You don't have to have equal possession to match a team - Norwich will do that to most teams. We had higher quality chances than them and looked threatening enough going forward. I'd say we're more or less competitive now - and there's more to come.

Rocky still had to make some sharp stops and the absolute last ditch blocks and tackles don't count as good chances, but when you're having to defend like that constantly you're usually going to lose.

Last season we gave up possession but often were rarely really troubled, this season teams are doing so much more with the possession that eventually they bang down the door. We'll pick up a few points when we really are clinical or teams have an off day, but unless we do look like a new team in the next couple weeks I'll just be looking at how we build to have a really good go at bouncing straight back up and enjoying any wins we do get.

• @Username Agree to disagree. As I said, I predicted us to go down, but I'm feeling much more confident now. And judging by what Gareth's said, we should have all the key figures fit imminently - and maybe some new faces to come in yet. Will change my tune if we lose another three or four, but that's not going to happen.

I must have a bad memory as I can recall Fred being felled, which should have led to a great chance, but not loads else?

But anyway, I've been told to keep positive, so I'm taking your last line as a promise. Hope you're right. Season starts tomorrow.

@Username Agree to disagree. As I said, I predicted us to go down, but I'm feeling much more confident now. And judging by what Gareth's said, we should have all the key figures fit imminently - and maybe some new faces to come in yet. Will change my tune if we lose another three or four, but that's not going to happen.

I hope you're right

• @Malone In terms of the quality of each chance (based on xG, which I know some people don't like, but it's a way to quanify it), we came out better than them. Of course, a better team is more likely to score with harder chances, but we couldn't have done a lot more to restrict them. We could create a bit more, yeah, but we looked more likely with a front two - plus we should finally get to see what Uche can do, and I was encouraged by the little I saw on Saturday.

(I won't be held accountable for the next 7 straight defeats)

• We had two corners that Stewart just failed to get on target which was heartening and the pen shout, a couple of other shots and the goal. But I think that was about it wasn't it?

• I haven't seen the games, but we created more than Derby or Birmingham managed against them. We do still need to do more - Gareth acknowledges that - but it's not like we're languishing miles behind in terms of creativity.

• I'd be more worried about the amount of mistakes we've been making at the back

• Does Allsopp ever make a save you wouldn't expect any keeper to make?

• @Malone said:

@micra said:
    We will not lose 15 matches “on the spin”, assuming that means consecutively.

What makes you sure out of interest? Did you think we'd lose 7

I didn’t @Malone. Like most people, I guess, I thought immediately after Wembley, that just to survive would be one hell of an achievement. When, about six weeks ago (?), I read that Rob Couhig had sanctioned the signing of a couple more players, no doubt in the belief at the time that 20-25% of capacity would be allowed to come into Adams Park and spend money on food and drink and before injuries and suspensions started to bite, I felt more confident about our prospects of survival. After the first three games that confidence had taken quite a knock but it has steadily returned in the meantime and I think we have looked increasingly competitive against several clubs with realistic prospects of promotion to (or back to) the Premier League.

We have achieved significant improvement over the last couple of weeks despite missing three or four key players and despite some appalling refereeing decisions. So I am once again feeling more optimistic as my prediction (on the charity thread) of the result of tomorrow evening’s game demonstrates.